Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out to Texas to visit my aunt and it has been an episode already. 1st I saw no 6's at all on the drive to Dallas from Baton Rouge :( and 2nd I didn't know it would be this much hassle for an oil change. I went to 2 places and both were impressed and baffled at the same time. One place asked "What kind of car is that? ". I told them and they said accorcing to our computers it isn't even made. The second place I went to the same question was asked and when I said what kind of car it was the guy said that's afine car, but I have some bad news, I dont have the filter for it. I said ok and was ready to leave, but he called the manager and the other people in the work area to come look at the car and they drooled a little, but gave the same reply. "Sorry we don't have the part." I thought it was funny how confused they got when I told them it was a Mazda6. They even went as far as to ask if maybe it was a protege and I polittely said no, it is a 6. I just had to share this with everyone. It was funny and the stares my car got made my day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Reading Topic:

That's why I love that there aren't many 6s around yet. You get looks, oohs and ahhs from everybody.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reading Topic:

You'll see a lot around Dallas. I see at least one a day there now.

Your best bet for an oil change is unfortunately going to a Mazdaa dealer. I say unfortunately because its EXPENSIVE ($40 at Freeman Mazda); though you're usually out in half an hour.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Reading Topic:

I had a coupon for a $30 oil change. For the filter oil and the bitch work, I should have taken it for it. Cost me about $22 as it was.

T

·
0 Posts
Replying to Topic '

Tell the lube guys to cross referance a fram f2 filter.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Replying to Topic '

Originally posted by Tysonu74

Tell the lube guys to cross referance a fram f2 filter.[/b]
Only if he has a 6s. The 6i uses a whole different animal.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Reading Topic:

BUT DO NOT USE FRAM....THEY SUCK!

Mobil 1 M1-210 filter and Mobil1 only.....if you love you 6 it's the least you can do!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Reading Topic:

just pick up the filter at your dealer, they are like $6, they go to jiffy lube, thats what I did.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reading Topic:

I don't know what any of you are talking about>.....

There's tons sitting at my local mazda dealer in NJ

I nonchalanty walked over and bought one after the test drive.

I don't know what you all are waiting for,

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic:

If I had wanted a '6i, I could have "nonchalanty walked over and bought one after the test drive" too!

But I wanted the '6s 5sp...nearly 4 months later...it was mine!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Replying to Topic '

Originally posted by block911

I nonchalanty walked over and bought one after the test drive.  [/b]
That is exactly what I did :).... well, after that and 3 hours of convincing my dad I would be able to afford the payments

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic:

Haha 3 hours? It too me 3 MONTHS to convince him of that :) (Actually the insurance is the killer, not the car payments... $400 car + $200 insurance per month, although the insurance will drop to like $110 in sept when I turn 21).

But anyway yeah, there's tones of 6i's around... 6s sports pkg ones... even AT's... are considerably less common.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reading Topic:

Luckily, my dealer had a deal that if you bought the car from them, for an extra $150, you get free lifetime oil changes, tire rotations, and hose/fluid checks/replacements. Very nice deal indeed. Plus, free car washes (touchless wash)!

I recommend Russel Mazda in Ellicott City, MD if anyone is in that area and is looking for a new Mazda/Subaru/BMW/VW.

Good people, and great deals. And no, I don't work there. just a happy customer :)

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic:

Dealers who deal with high end cars such at the BMW tend to be much better than your average Mazda or whatever dealer, in general. They know how to treat a customer right.

Ridgefield European Motors (Mazda and BMW) is what I recommend to people in the Danbury, CT area. I didn't go with them because they didn't have the car I wanted, but they were wonderful to deal with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts