Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Guys!

Seems to me that the Mazdaspeed 6 is not selling as well as they initially thought it was going to. Since they are not selling well is anyone here in the states getting some really good deals on them. I am thinking of getting one or possibly a RX-8. The dealership makes it seem like they are flying off the lots, but everytime I go there and there are no less than 8 to 10 sitting there with mounds of dust on them this is the same thing at 2 other dealerships. Does anyone think it is a good idea to pick one up since the market doesnt really seem to favor the car or even the aftermarket? Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I picked mine up on the Ford S plan pricing and put a large downpayment down so my monthlys are not that bad. As for the aftermarket I think the speed6 is doing much better than anyone anticipated. Companies already developing are CP-E, Magnaflow, AEM, Mazdaspeed itself, Eibach, AutoEXE, and im sure more to come since this is still the first year the car has been around.

Also since this engine is going to be used in other vehicles (Mazdaspeed3 and the cx-7) I think more mods are going to keep coming.

·
Registered
170 Posts
OK, here's my situation...

Pretty soon after they first hit the dealers, I went to my local dealer (where I purchased my current Mazda, 3 1/2 years ago). I told the sales rep that I probably wouldn't be interested in purchasing until Spring. He let me test drive, I loved it, but still told him...Spring. He pushed a little, and when I told him price was a pretty important factor to me, he made it seem like this car would never sell below MSRP. I basically said whatever, I might come back in a few months.

It's now spring, and I KNOW that I can get this car well below MSRP, even below invoice (If you believe the invoice listings are TRUELY invoice, on Edmunds or KBB).

A dealer in Minnesota was advertising on their website $2500 of MSRP for the GT. They have since changed their site, and it no longer has individual price listings for cars, but still, for them to be willing to sell at that price off the bat...

Someone else on this forum recently said that a dealer was offering them $3500 off MSRP, and he was going to try to get them to go even lower.

I've been watching the inventory for my dealer for some time, and they sold one MS6 a few weeks ago, but besides that, they have had 14 on their lot for at least a 2 months (they're now COVERED in pollen).

Bottom line, I don't NEED this car. I really WANT it. But if they're unwilling to sell it to me at the price that I know others are getting it at, I won't buy from them.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
1. if you have the means drive what you want. i didn't "need" my MS6; i wanted it. now, i love it.

2. dealers can sell cars at whatever price point they want; my dealer gave me a great deal on my MS6-GT, basically because he made over $3k on the sale of my '04 M6s, way more than the markup on the MS6. so, who know why dealers sell at a given price? because there's money to be made for them somewhere else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also very interested in seeing some numbers, haven't see any yet.
I haven't pressed the dealers too much but I have $26,200 + taxes and tags on MazdaSpeed6 Sport.
I saw that invoice is $25,833 + dest(not sure how this works out).
The price that I have so far includes destination.
Again, I am not sure how this destination charge factors into invoice.
So If i could see some prices + taxes and tags I would appreciate that.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a buddy that works at the mazda dealer I bought my MS6 from. I have purchased 2 cars from that dealer before, an 03.5 MSP and an 04 6s. Basically my friend said that I got the lowest price I could get on a MS6 with the options it had. I paid 28K out the door, no down payment and no trade in, sticker was listed at $31,500. GT with white/black leather and moonroof, no nav. Plus it has a "decal charge" of 350 dollars for 4 mazdaspeed decals on the car. I told them there was no way I was going to pay 350 for stickers so they took that price off.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
$28.8k for MS6-GT with roof, on S-Plan

·
Registered
309 Posts
A dealer in Minnesota was advertising on their website $2500 of MSRP for the GT. They have since changed their site, and it no longer has individual price listings for cars, but still, for them to be willing to sell at that price off the bat...

[/b]

Do you happen to remember which dealer this was? I live in Minnesota and I would like to just weigh my options.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to Star Mazda in Orlando and they had a silver Speed 6 on special pricing for 26,850. I just wonder why a vehicle that was supposed to be competition for Audi has taken a dump in the market. I am very prompted to buy one. I remember going to the dealership to initially buy one and the dealer basically was very rude and stated that if you did not put money down he would not allow anyone to test drive it. I went back to the same dealership and it just funny to see the rows of speed6's.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
keep in mind there are only 5k MS6 for sale in the US. they won't last forever.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
keep in mind there are only 5k MS6 for sale in the US. they won't last forever.
[/b]
Yeah once they're gone..thats it .

I think 26800+ is a damn good price for a brand new AWD 274hp 6-speed sedan that has as many options and handles as good as the speed 6 does. Not to mention a decent warranty, great looks, and the fact that they're in limited production.

Off topic but Atenzafan i think your avatar in NWS.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry about my ignorance, but what does NWS stand for?

I also thought it was a great price also, however I am just wary about mazdas less than stunning reliability rating. I currently own a 6s and have had nothing but issues, I know that the speed 6 is fully built in japan so i wonder if reliability will be better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah once they're gone..thats it .

I think 26800+ is a damn good price for a brand new AWD 274hp 6-speed sedan that has as many options and handles as good as the speed 6 does. Not to mention a decent warranty, great looks, and the fact that they're in limited production.

Off topic but Atenzafan i think your avatar in NWS.
[/b]
I paid $27k for MS6 GT (no Nav, no moonroof, no S-Plan, no trade). Since I paid around that for my RX-8, I feel I got a good deal for a ton more features and a nicer car all around. The salesman was trying to BS me that they were selling for sticker. The fact that they had the same 15 MS6s on lot for several weeks probably helped.

They are a limited run car, but there is no reason to pay close to sticker.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I haven't had any major problems with my speed6. Everything is still running strong, no lose parts, no rattles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry about my ignorance, but what does NWS stand for?

I also thought it was a great price also, however I am just wary about mazdas less than stunning reliability rating. I currently own a 6s and have had nothing but issues, I know that the speed 6 is fully built in japan so i wonder if reliability will be better.
[/b]
I believe NWS is 'Not work safe.'

According to Consumer Reports, Mazda was #7 (or maybe 8) in the fewest issues per 100 cars for the past 5 years. I don't know how that is less than stellar. I had no prob with my RX-8 and I know 2 people with 2003 or newer 6's with 0 problems.

I wouldn't take that as a guarantee of MS6 reliability, however. I would expect reliablity on the MS6 to be unrelated, as they are built in totally different plants (QA is likely very different).

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I went to Star Mazda in Orlando and they had a silver Speed 6 on special pricing for 26,850. I just wonder why a vehicle that was supposed to be competition for Audi has taken a dump in the market. I am very prompted to buy one. I remember going to the dealership to initially buy one and the dealer basically was very rude and stated that if you did not put money down he would not allow anyone to test drive it. I went back to the same dealership and it just funny to see the rows of speed6's.
[/b]
I went to Star Mazda as well to buy my 6...

Sticker was $33K+

They had $29,850 written on the car...

I got it for $28K...

KBB on my car was $18,500

They gave me $20,500...

I paid $8500 OTD for my speed...

·
Registered
12 Posts
MS6 w/ NAV and sunroof = MSRP $33285 I know a guy who owns a dealership so Im getting the car for invoice roughly 2 Gs less

MS6 w/ NAV and sunroof = MSRP $33285 I know a guy who owns a dealership so Im getting the car for invoice roughly 2 Gs less

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
20 Participants
raptorX
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing