Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what you all are running for iPod integration. I bought the Axxess and right out of the box I noticed it was a very cheap unit. The case didn't fit properly, it was coming apart, the connector would pop out quite easily. I installed it, and after a week my front left speaker would randomly cut out, the unit would also randomly disconnect from the iPod... anyways. I'm returning it.

The XCarLink doesn't have (or doesn't mention) that it has text display, which is something I want. I rather not have to look at my iPod all the time. I'm thinking Neo or Dice. Anybody have those 2?

Didn't know if this should be in the other forum - but I wanted to keep it MS6 specific.

·
Registered
813 Posts
A lot of people use THIS, but you'd have to look at the iPod, though it's a lot cheaper and worth it to me to look at the thing!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I refuse to use an FM transmitter, sound quality is garbage etc. With the 3.5mm, it doesn't have the text on screen and steering wheel controls which is something (at least the steering wheel controls) that I really want.

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Jan 11 2010, 01:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1628871
I refuse to use an FM transmitter, sound quality is garbage etc. With the 3.5mm, it doesn't have the text on screen and steering wheel controls which is something (at least the steering wheel controls) that I really want.[/b]
Yeah the sound quality was crap, but I already had one and I didn't want to tear off panels on the interior of my car. I had done so on a previous vehicle and even though all the clips were still in tact, they never seemed to secure the same way.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I've been running the Axxess module for a year and a half with zero issues - I love it. Maybe you just got a defective unit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm using AudioLink (now XCarLink I believe) with the USB and line in jack. Steering wheel controls work for USB, but not for iPod (I don't think, never tried). The display doesn't show the title/artist, just elapsed time for the track and the track number. I really only wanted USB, and it works great for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the AudioLink with an iPod. The steering wheel controls work fine. The car display is fairly useless, as described above. If you have a newer iPod, you need a special adapter to get the iPod to charge. There was some change in the pin-out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
NEO. Works perfectly without issues. I had troubles with the Xcarlink. It kept switching to playing songs in alphabetical order only.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I use the Audiolink with the headphone jack and ipod jack. I routed it through to my cupholder and it works perfect with my old 2nd gen ipod.

I also recently purchased the Sirius Stilletto Portable and set the headphone antenna in the upper storage compartment and its getting pretty great reception when plugged into the audiolinks headphone jack.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Grom. Works flawlessly and the SQ is great. Only thing lacking in the ipod experience is a good place to mount the ipod itself so that its accessible while driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts