Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Like I said before.... People are willing to drop $300-400 on an iPod, that only does one thing, and that is play music. Ok, I guess videos now, too, but the screen is too small to make anything useful out of it.

Yet you're complaining about a $600 Game console, that is also a PC (Pre-loaded with Linux last time I checked), a Blu-ray player, and much much more?

Toshiba HD DVD High-Definition DVD Player with Standard-DVD Upconversion

Our Price: $499.99

And it doesn't even do 1080p. Tsk tsk.

·
Registered
71 Posts
my mom is a playstation rep..and were getting ours like a mounth be4 it comes out...soo im going to talk her in to have playstation sponsor a car meet to show off the ps3....ill tell u guys how it is b/c for 499 thats shit..if i didnt get it free i wouldnt get it at all....

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
alright, i just spent a couple minutes building a PC with no case, no software, no speakers, no monitor (duh.) made it as close to the specifications of the PS3 as i could. i chose some crap DDR2 ram and the highest clocked dual core processor from intel, because their dual core is priced massively cheaper compared to AMD's X2 offerings right now. a pair of Nvidia 7800GTs for the video cards, an external 60gb hdd, 500w power supply, a crap 5.1 dolby sound card, a decent dual core/sli ready motherboard, and a combo cd/dvd drive.

PS3 - $599
PC - $1344

now obviously, this has zero bearing on actual performance or anything, because we can't make an apples to apples comparison. keep in mind, if i were to do this for the xbox 360, the ONLY thing i wouldn't be able to directly compare would be the GDDR3 ram....yeah. :\

the only thing im trying to say: quit bitching. you can buy a $700 hood that does absolutely nothing (unless you have a speed!) but a $600 console that you'll have for 4-6 years before the next one comes out and obviously becomes the hub of your entertainment center is too much. if you think its too expensive: dont buy it.

also, dont buy the first batch of consoles...just like first model year cars, gotta work out the kinks.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
alright, i just spent a couple minutes building a PC with no case, no software, no speakers, no monitor (duh.) made it as close to the specifications of the PS3 as i could. i chose some crap DDR2 ram and the highest clocked dual core processor from intel, because their dual core is priced massively cheaper compared to AMD's X2 offerings right now. a pair of Nvidia 7800GTs for the video cards, an external 60gb hdd, 500w power supply, a crap 5.1 dolby sound card, a decent dual core/sli ready motherboard, and a combo cd/dvd drive.

PS3 - $599
PC - $1344

now obviously, this has zero bearing on actual performance or anything, because we can't make an apples to apples comparison. keep in mind, if i were to do this for the xbox 360, the ONLY thing i wouldn't be able to directly compare would be the GDDR3 ram....yeah. :\

the only thing im trying to say: quit bitching. you can buy a $700 hood that does absolutely nothing (unless you have a speed!) but a $600 console that you'll have for 4-6 years before the next one comes out and obviously becomes the hub of your entertainment center is too much. if you think its too expensive: dont buy it.

also, dont buy the first batch of consoles...just like first model year cars, gotta work out the kinks.
[/b]
And you'll be looking to upgrade again in 18-24 months...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Stretch
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing