Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my house was burgled and they stole my spare car key. I live alone and don't know much about cars and didn't know how to disconnect the battery so I disconnected all the engine coils instead. The same night the burglars came back with my spare key and managed to reconnect one of the coils before I woke up. So they drove off on one cylinder. It didn't sound good lol. Anyway the car was found and taken to Mazda who insisted that driving on one cylinder didn't damage the car. I finally got my car back a few days ago but now istop doesn't work and the check engine light is on. I took it back to mechanic who scanned it and a pcu fault came up which he cleared. The problem was fixed for about 10mins but as I drove home istop stopped working again and the check engine light is back on. What could be the problem? Because Mazda don't seem to want to figure it out and I want to make sure insurance pays to permanently fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
So my house was burgled and they stole my spare car key. I live alone and don't know much about cars and didn't know how to disconnect the battery so I disconnected all the engine coils instead. The same night the burglars came back with my spare key and managed to reconnect one of the coils before I woke up. So they drove off on one cylinder. It didn't sound good lol. Anyway the car was found and taken to Mazda who insisted that driving on one cylinder didn't damage the car. I finally got my car back a few days ago but now istop doesn't work and the check engine light is on. I took it back to mechanic who scanned it and a pcu fault came up which he cleared. The problem was fixed for about 10mins but as I drove home istop stopped working again and the check engine light is back on. What could be the problem? Because Mazda don't seem to want to figure it out and I want to make sure insurance pays to permanently fix the problem.

Something is inconsistent here...

How come you know how to disconnect the engine coils but not the battery terminals?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something is inconsistent here...

How come you know how to disconnect the engine coils but not the battery terminals?
Errrmmmm besides the point but if you must know I called my brother who told me to disconnect the engine coils coz it was easier than disconnecting the battery which I didn't have the tools for. Got anything helpful to add please?

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,006 Posts
Errrmmmm besides the point but if you must know I called my brother who told me to disconnect the engine coils coz it was easier than disconnecting the battery which I didn't have the tools for. Got anything helpful to add please?
Take it to a different mechanic, preferably through your insurance so they cannot balk.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

Yes, I have to know.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars so there's nothing much that I can say.

I also have i-Stop and this one showed up when the battery is about to die:

So I am suspecting that the battery is about to die. You can try to charge it and see if it will disappear.

If I may suggest, get a dog that will serve as your guard.

I hope my suggestions are helpful, particularly about the dog. If they can take your car, they might as well take anything and everything from you.

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
861 Posts
Take it to a different dealer.

Reactions: Stelly
1 - 11 of 11 Posts