Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this light mean? It turned on this morning and I don't have a manual so I can't look it up. Hope this isn't an extremely stupid and obvious question although I have a feeling it is.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
Yup, it's a stupid question, but at least you posted in the Newbie section. :nana:

Check Engine Light

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha. Sorry, i knew it was a dumb question but i had to be sure. Anyway, my horn is currently not working due to an unsuccessful install of train horns on my car over the weekend. Could that be what turned the light on? Again, sorry if this is a painfully rediculous topic to some.

Yes needs to be checked asap, were you doing anything to the vehicle that may have caused it, if you did and know the case you may be able to reset..
Check More Here...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&p=749642[/b]
This thread is handy since I don't have the manual that came with the car. Thanks. :yesnod:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Haha. Sorry, i knew it was a dumb question but i had to be sure. Anyway, my horn is currently not working due to an unsuccessful install of train horns on my car over the weekend. Could that be what turned the light on? Again, sorry if this is a painfully rediculous topic to some.
This thread is handy since I don't have the manual that came with the car. Thanks. :yesnod:[/b]
Im unsure but I believe manuals are available online via owners section of mazdausa.com

EDIT: Yes it is link http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/manuals/2005Mazda6OM.pdf

thats for my 05 Mazda 6i

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Oh you missed the infamous Train Horn thread a few months back. It was pretty funny actually. Oh boy, I still get a good chuckle.
To each his own I do suppose.[/b]
-R- Did a search on it and like I asked,"Train horns?"

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I dont think you should be attempting to install anything on your car seeing as you were unsure what the check engine light was. But, yes that thread was pretty funny. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think you should be attempting to install anything on your car seeing as you were unsure what the check engine light was. But, yes that thread was pretty funny. :)[/b]
I guess i'm never going to live this one down.

Oh you missed the infamous Train Horn thread a few months back. It was pretty funny actually. Oh boy, I still get a good chuckle.
To each his own I do suppose.[/b]
HAHAHAHA! I just read that thread. Wow, they tore that guy apart! I wasn't talking about real hardcore trainhorns like that, I just have some loud air horns with a small compressor. I don't get why so many members were disgusted by air horns on a car. I happen to know quite a few people with them, they can be a lot of fun in parking garages catching people off guard and so forth.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It's just a check engine light. As long as it is not flashing I wouldn't be TO TO worried. Just get it scanned. GO to Autozone or something and they will scan it for free. If it is nothing important, Just have them reset it. Or you can just disconnect the negative battery cable and then reconnect it and that will reset it if you want.

If the car is running fine I wouldn't be to scared though. as long as it isn't flashing.

Do you have an intake at all?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I guess i'm never going to live this one down.
HAHAHAHA! I just read that thread. Wow, they tore that guy apart! I wasn't talking about real hardcore trainhorns like that, I just have some loud air horns with a small compressor. I don't get why so many members were disgusted by air horns on a car. I happen to know quite a few people with them, they can be a lot of fun in parking garages catching people off guard and so forth.[/b]
wow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's just a check engine light. As long as it is not flashing I wouldn't be TO TO worried. Just get it scanned. GO to Autozone or something and they will scan it for free. If it is nothing important, Just have them reset it. Or you can just disconnect the negative battery cable and then reconnect it and that will reset it if you want.

If the car is running fine I wouldn't be to scared though. as long as it isn't flashing.

Do you have an intake at all?[/b]
no intake. And its not flashing, car sounds and feels fine. I'll take it for a scan tommorow. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am a newbie here, but I work in the automotive field. I often times work on prototype vehicles chasing down problems and have much experience with codes. I wanted to add my 0.02 cents here.

The CEL flashing alone isn't necessarily a terrible thing. Flashing generally means that whatever code is being set, is actively happening right now..... IE: An engine mis-fire for some reason will flash while the engine is missing, but will go solid again once mis-firing stops. Flashing is sometimes better because you can find out what exactly is causing the code condition to be set. Often times it is extremely difficult to find the reason for a stored code. Even though the information stored is valuable to determine the cause, many dealerships will first clear all codes then run a diagnostics routine to see what codes return.

I just wanted to clarify that flashing CEL doesn't necessarily mean your engine is totally screwed. The resolution can still be something as simple as a connector unplugged. You just need to scan the vehicle to determine what code is being set and start diagnosing from there.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
I just wanted to clarify that flashing CEL doesn't necessarily mean your engine is totally screwed.[/b]
I'll agree, but I wouldn't take the chance of driving it for any length of time if the light is indeed flashing, considered it's mentioned in the owners manual.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts