Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Contacted Grimm Speed Performance wondering if they wanted to expand their mazda6 products. They shot me this email back.

Hey Luke,

Thanks for shooting us an email! We're always interested in expanding our product line and helping the local [and national] community out! Are there any products in particular that the Mazda guys are looking for? I'm not sure if you're aware but we do have our electronic boost solenoids available for the speeds currently.

Mike

So what Im asking you guys is to give me some ideas on what you would like to see for the the mazda's. Whether it would be the v6 or the 4cyl. Let me know and i can relay it to them. If they are looking to develop anything they have several shops around the midwest and one in Minnesota (where im from) and would more than be willing to lend them my car. So shoot me your "wish list."

·
Registered
659 Posts
2+ PSI of boost? :)

We've been begging for short-shifters for the M/T, something that reduces body roll (without screwing over the handling) and just about anything that will give reasonable HP gains.

Honestly though, I'd have longer plans of keeping mine if an LSD or turbo kit were on the way :/

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the 4cyl GH, Id like to see upgraded Swaybars to minimize body roll.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, im relaying everything to them and hope their engineering dept can come up with some stuff. Thanks for the support, let keep pushing this! I'm in contact with another local performance company also trying to get something started with them too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Luke, don't relay *this*, but if you look at the parts they already provide, it looks like they don't really do anything in our area; most are small tweaks on turbo engines.

When trying to spur interest, it's best to find someone that makes what you want for a similar vehicle and get them to expand into that area . . . TWM now has a short-shifter on the way thanks to the poking some of us have done . . .

I think an LSD would do the most justice for these cars, but from what I remember, you'd have to have two totally different models for the AT and MT . . . and that sort of kills the deal. More people have the AT (which encourages the sellers to build it) and the MT owners are more likely to add it . . .

Good luck either way man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts