Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting rid of my 16s, moving up to 17s. I'm trying to keep a more "conservative yet sporty" look (oxymoron, maybe, but as George Carlin says, what the hell is a "sports sedan"), so I'm staying away from 18s, although I agree they are pimp and if I were trying to get laid more, I'd go for them. In choosing a wheel, I wanted something relatively light-weight, preferrably more than 5 spokes (to cover up the brakes, silver (no heavy chrome on my four-banger), with a clean design (no bumps or excessive lines).

So I thought the ALT Racing AT-252 would look good w/ a set of Yokohama 215/50/17 touring tires: AT-252

The only thing I'm unsure about is how the spokes bow out so that they might make contact with the curb before the tire if I'm parking alongside the curb. I think they might get scuffed up easier. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of set up? What's your impression of this set up on a Tungsten gray 6i w/ dark tints and no spoiler?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Those rims were available for a great price not that long ago here in a group buy. Several members have them, you can search ALT Rival and see pics of them installed. They look great IMO. I know there's a guy in Seattle that has 'em on his black 6, STSC I think is his name on here. Check the pics section for some of his posts, there's some pics in there.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
How about Sports Edition D5?

Lighter than stock, decent looking, +50 offset and most importantly, CHEAP (at tirerack)! :D

If you want other ideas, did you look at the member wheels thread yet?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I second the above...I have the Sport Edition D5 wheels(see signature below)...they are truly re-labeled KOSEI wheels!!! I did some research on this previously...the Kosei's have different center spinners but these are cheap Kosei's...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those rims were available for a great price not that long ago here in a group buy. Several members have them, you can search ALT Rival and see pics of them installed. They look great IMO. I know there's a guy in Seattle that has 'em on his black 6, STSC I think is his name on here. Check the pics section for some of his posts, there's some pics in there.
[/b]

Wow Spidy, the ALT Rival looks great on the 6! Thanks for the link!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Those are nice rims, but why 17"? I say just spend a tiny bit more and go for the 18", they look a lot better. But hey, whatever you want to do...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up getting the 17s installed today. They look great! I'll post pics soon.

I think the 18s look good, but I also like the 17s - plus the 17s are a bit lighter. I think the 17s look more sporty while the 18s look more pimp ... so whatever look you're going for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts