Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong , I love Quebec and its beautiful people ... we have some of the nicest-lookin' women heheh and the nature scenery is good too . I can't say the same though about our roads - bridges falling over people (Laval) , Politicians , Hospitals . Listening to radio everyday at work , makes me sick as to how politics are runned here with one finger in their eye & the other in their butt . People are dying here in Hospitals from budget cut-backs for things as simple as cleaning rooms adequately ... without talking about over-filled & under-employed ! People are scared to go to Hospitals now . Retiring here scares me too ! It's a real mess here ! We've become a bunch of chronic-complainers here in Quebec and I'm tired of the whole scene ! More than ever ... the more I think of it ; the more I want to move out of my Province !

As a semi truck driver (now local) I used to travel all the way to California so I have no problems with adventure . I had a chance to do one trip through Canada to go deliver in Vancouver . WOW ! When you reach Alberta it is beauuuutifullll !!! I keep hearing about Alberta , in the local talk-radio , about how your province is debt-free , the richest , you pay no taxes . Makes me want to move there or maybe Beautiful B.C.
As a Purolator employee ; I have the privilege to move/transfer wherever I choose in Canada ! Please help me decide .

If you are like me and are aware about your province you live in .... aware about the cost of life , the health care and how it is administered , anything you can think of positive or negative ... even like the weather ( I hear in B.C. it rains 70% of the time) what your winters are like .... whatever comes to mind to help me find a new home-province and live happily ever after :)

You can talk about whatever below or you can think of :

- The weather
- Politicians and how they run your Province
- Hospitals and how they are runned
- HealthCare
- Retirement Conditions (I'm only 36)
- Roads
- Laws
- Housing (prices)
- Cost of Living in Your Area
- Scenery
- People
- Criminality
- Whatever crosses your mind

One thing cool about Alberta too - no front bumper license plates :p Can we have personalized plates from the DOT them over there ?
Let's makes this a casual chit chat and not a fight over who's province sucks with some brawling . Let's just talk about what we like about our OWN province and also what we don't .... this way we all learn some more of our neighbors too and will makes us want to go visit each other maybe heheh . So go ahead and list anything that comes to mind casually ..... oh , and thx ahead of time

·
Registered
356 Posts
Alberta is the choice... no front license plate, no debt or provincial sales tax, millions of jobs, what more is there to say...

Give me a few minutes and I will try and answer some of your questions better than that.

BTW, I was born, raised and universitied in Alberta, so I know nothing else, I can only give my experiences of living here.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The good:

Like Jay said, plus Alberta beef, houses are somewhat affordable though it may catch up with BC and Ontario soon, the Rockies, nice and quiet, not overly crowded yet, two NHL hockey teams, oilsand.

The bad:

It gets quite cold, vegetable is expensive, seafood is expensive, damn food is expensive and not great compare to BC, Vancouver particularly, nowhere near the ocean, night life is lacking, a lot of trucks with no mud flaps kicking up gravel, only three universities (I think).

That's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've lived in BC and Alberta (currently in Calgary). Easy to find jobs, but the cost of living has sky rocketed, especially housing prices (thanks to labour shortages).
Nice place to live if you have a family or plan to start one, but for a 'young professional' theres better places if you're willing to travel out of the country, unless you're a Civil Engineer or in any sort of 'Oil' line of work. You probably have your Class 1 and Air brakes? Find a job driving for one of these Oil companies and you'll be making some prime cash. A friend of mine co-owns the largest trucking company in Calgary, and they are constantly looking for more drivers. Hell, take an H2S course at any technical institute and go work up in Northern Alberta doing well testing. They feed you well, and pay you even better. But the job isn't easy, and none of the guys I've known have lasted more than a year doing it.

BC was harder to find work, but my place in Vancouver was about $300 cheaper than similar sized place here in Calgary these days (Van and Cal are pretty different, so maybe that isn't accurate). The weather was better out there (Their winter's are generally milder). Less snow, more rain, especially the closer you are to the mountains. Taxes were a bit higher out there, but I wasn't living out there long enough to really notice.

I'll avoid bashing Alberta. I've lived here 90% of my life, so maybe that makes me biased, but I want to "get the hell outta Dodge" haha
I plan to move somewhere out of Canada as soon as I finish up school.

I'll try to pick off some things on your list, at least regarding Calgary ;

- The weather - Cold. Lots of snow in the winter, although the last few years have been rediculously mild (Yay Global Warming :D)

- Politicians and how they run your Province - ...I'll probably get flamed, no comment haha

- Hospitals and how they are runned - I work for the CHR (Calgary Health Region).There's currently a huge strain on our health system because about 40% of our 1 million population is over the age of 60. I hear 'Code Burgandy' at least 2 days a week, and they last aaallll day (Code Burgandy means there are no more beds available, hospital full). Good luck finding a Family Doctor, they're impossible to find in this city unless you known 'people, so anything you need done will mean long lines at the local Clinic, and even longer waits for things like xrays, and MRIs.

- HealthCare - Hmm, not sure. I'm over 21 and only going to school part-time, so the government of Alberta sent me a letter saying I'm not covered by Alberta Healthcare. I don't have Blue Cross either, and limited benefits at work. I just have to make sure I don't get sick hahaha

- Retirement Conditions (I'm only 36) - Couldn't tell ya.

- Roads - Major construction here in the NW started about 6 or 7 years ago, and hasn't stopped. Roads in Calgary are ALWAYS being worked on. Which is a good thing.....just not at 8am, or 4pm. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's something like 1 in 3 Calgarians own a car. Lots of cars on the roads at almost all hours of the day.

- Housing (prices) - Skyrocketing. They recently peaked and have start coming down again, but major labour shortages have kept new housing prices high. You're looking at $400,000+ for a 'family' sized house. My parents paid $190,000 11 years ago for their house. 3 bed, 2 bath, not sure the square footage. Was appraised by the city for $380,000 in July. They put it on the market last summer, just to see what kind of offers they could get, and it peaked at $455,000.

- Cost of Living in Your Area - We only pay 6% tax on sale goods. Our gas is cheaper than anywhere else. Certain food, like produce (which comes from BC, Washington, Mexico, Argentina, etc) and Seafood can get pricey.

- Scenery - We're not quite in the mountains, and we're not quite in the plains (I mean Calgary). Mainly flat land with some major hills here and there. You can see the mountains from most of Calgary (N and NW especially), but they're still about 2 hours away or so. Calgary has one of the most intricate bike and pedestrian path systems in Canada, as well as the most 'green' space (parks and such) of any major city in Canada. You can get from one corner of the city to the other on the paths, and some of the major ones are even cleaned in the winter time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can talk about whatever below or you can think of :

- The weather
- Politicians and how they run your Province
- Hospitals and how they are runned
- HealthCare
- Retirement Conditions (I'm only 36)
- Roads
- Laws
- Housing (prices)
- Cost of Living in Your Area
- Scenery
- People
- Criminality
- Whatever crosses your mind
[/b]
Ok, I am back. I am not much of a writer, so bear with me.

Weather: Weather in Alberta is actually one of the things I like about the province. We can go from +30 in the summer to -30 in the winter. Like Lebult said, due to global warming we have been having milder and milder winters every year. Right now it is about -3 to -10 on average. we have a little snow but if it is like last year it will melt before Christmas. (I actually moved into my house on February 1st wearing a t-shirt, and there was no snow on the ground period.)

Politicians: Depending on who you ask, we have great politicians here. I am kinda on the fence when it comes to our conservative government. Yes, Alberta is prospering and we pay the lowest tax in the country, and most of our roads and infrastructure is doing well, we are lacking in certain areas such as health care and school funding. Like Lebult said, the number of times you hear Code Burgandy in a hospital is insane. When I was in the hospital last I was in the burn unit in peadeatrics because there were no other beds.

Hospitals: Covered best by the guy who works in them: Lebult.

Healthcare: Since Alberta is in a booming economy with thousands of job vacancies, companies are quite desperate to get employees. Most companies offer full benefits as an incentive to work there. My company provides me and my family with full Alberta Blue Cross from day 1. I assume it is similar at other places.

Retirement: Put away money into an RRSP. Not only is it tax deductable, but you can take care of yourself when you retire and the CPP has been drained by the Boomers.

Roads: I always think the roads here suck, until you go somewhere like Saskatchewan. Keep in mind that in Alberta the roads are snow covered half of the year and construction the other half. It is difficult to create such nice roads as some places in BC (kelowna specifically), when you have to contend with freezing and thawing so often. (I am assuming this is the same as PQ)

Housing: I purchased a new to me (3 yrs old) house in December of last year. It has now gone up in value by 75%. It is expensive to rent also ($1000/month for a two bedroom apt.)

Scenery: Red Deer , my home town is 2 hours from each of Edmonton, Calgary, and the mountians depending on which direction you drive. I will add pictures after this post.

I donot really have much else to tell you right now. I am in agreeance with lilmira and Lebult on their points as well.

It looks like Alberta is turning up the heat in regards to replying to your topic... woo Alberta.

Here are some scenery pictures for you. Notice how all the nice ones are from the mountains... best part of Alberta.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Something I forgot to mention:

If you seriously plan on moving to Alberta, finding a job is the easy part. Finding a place to live is the hard part. Make sure you have a place to live before you come.

My wife teaches in Sylvan Lake (20 mins out of Red Deer) and because of the lack of housing people are living in Campers outside fo the town. Enough people live in this one campground, that a school bus stops to pick up kids... crazy hey.

So yeah, keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good one man now after reading all this ... I do think B.C. is lookin' better hahaha .... oh ... and I've got more questions for you in the other thread

Alright guys , this is way cool on your parts , much appreciated info and lots to dissect !

From what I can summarize by triage on all your quotes combined ; that I regrouped and organized

The Good

Alberta is the choice... Alberta beef , no front license plate, no debt or provincial sales tax, we only pay 6% tax on sale goods. Our gas is cheaper than anywhere else. Alberta is prospering and we pay the lowest tax in the country, and most of our roads and infrastructure is doing well
-millions of jobs , easy to find jobs Since Alberta is in a booming economy with thousands of job vacancies, companies are quite desperate to get employees. Most companies offer full benefits as an incentive to work there. My company provides me and my family with full Alberta Blue Cross from day 1. If you seriously plan on moving to Alberta, finding a job is the easy part.
-Nice place to live if you have a family or plan to start one, houses are somewhat affordable though it may catch up with BC and Ontario soon, the Rockies, nice and quiet, not overly crowded yet, two NHL hockey teams, oilsand. Calgary has one of the most intricate bike and pedestrian path systems in Canada, as well as the most 'green' space (parks and such) of any major city in Canada. You can get from one corner of the city to the other on the paths, and some of the major ones are even cleaned in the winter time.
Politicians: Depending on who you ask, we have great politicians here

BC my place in Vancouver was about $300 cheaper than similar sized place here in Calgary these days (Van and Cal are pretty different, so maybe that isn't accurate) . The weather was better out there (Their winter's are generally milder). Less snow, more rain, especially the closer you are to the mountains.

The Bad

Alberta It gets quite cold, - The weather - Cold. Lots of snow in the winter, Right now it is about -3 to -10 on average ; we have a little snow

- Food vegetable is expensive, seafood is expensive, damn food is expensive and not great compare to BC, Vancouver particularly, nowhere near the ocean, night life is lacking, a lot of trucks with no mud flaps kicking up gravel, only three universities (I think).

-The cost of living has sky rocketed, especially housing prices (thanks to labour shortages). but I want to "get the hell outta Dodge" haha + - Housing (prices) - Skyrocketing. They recently peaked and have start coming down again, but major labour shortages have kept new housing prices high. You're looking at $400,000+ for a 'family' sized house. My parents paid $190,000 11 years ago for their house. 3 bed, 2 bath, not sure the square footage. Was appraised by the city for $380,000 in July. They put it on the market last summer, just to see what kind of offers they could get, and it peaked at $455,000.

-Housing: I purchased a new to me (3 yrs old) house in December of last year. It has now gone up in value by 75%. It is expensive to rent also ($1000/month for a two bedroom apt.)
Finding a place to live is the hard part. Make sure you have a place to live before you come.
My wife teaches in Sylvan Lake (20 mins out of Red Deer) and because of the lack of housing people are living in Campers outside fo the town. Enough people live in this one campground, that a school bus stops to pick up kids... crazy hey.

- Hospitals and how they are runned - I work for the CHR (Calgary Health Region).There's currently a huge strain on our health system because about 40% of our 1 million population is over the age of 60. I hear 'Code Burgandy' at least 2 days a week, and they last aaallll day (Code Burgandy means there are no more beds available, hospital full). Good luck finding a Family Doctor, they're impossible to find in this city unless you known 'people, so anything you need done will mean long lines at the local Clinic, and even longer waits for things like xrays, and MRIs.

- Roads - Major construction here in the NW started about 6 or 7 years ago, and hasn't stopped. Roads in Calgary are ALWAYS being worked on. Which is a good thing.....just not at 8am, or 4pm. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's something like 1 in 3 Calgarians own a car. Lots of cars on the roads at almost all hours of the day. Roads: I always think the roads here suck, until you go somewhere like Saskatchewan. Keep in mind that in Alberta the roads are snow covered half of the year and construction the other half. It is difficult to create such nice roads as some places in BC (kelowna specifically), when you have to contend with freezing and thawing so often. (I am assuming this is the same as PQ)

BC was harder to find work, Taxes were a bit higher out there, but I wasn't living out there long enough to really notice. Alberta houses are somewhat affordable though it may catch up with BC and Ontario soon

My conclusion (so far)

As for work , like I mentioned above ; I am not concerned as I have an above average paying syndicated job with Purolator and I have the privilege of transfering wherever I choose without loss of seniority/pay/benefits .
quote : You probably have your Class 1 and Air brakes? Find a job driving for one of these Oil companies and you'll be making some prime cash. A friend of mine co-owns the largest trucking company in Calgary, and they are constantly looking for more drivers.
answer : Yes I do . Interesting ; if all else fails I'll know what to look into + a work colleague of mine told me something very similar this week ! There will never be work shortages in transportation ; this is one of the reasons I chose this career + I love being out there !

Hospitals : sounds just as bad as here almost (here worst) ; surprising considering you are prospering province !

Housing : Sad to read :( Isn't it the same all over with prices , eh ! Sucks ... must be suburbs/towns that are more affodable close to the city (within 1/2 hour distance ? Can you name them by their calling as a reference plz ? Say @ 175,000$ or less relatively new to a few years old WITH GARAGE of course

Roads : Sounds like B.C. is a clear winner here ... but you guys share the scenery with the Rockies ;)
Weather : B.C. is a clear winner although Global Warming is helping us all (in the short run) ; heck right now in Qc we're still experiencing on @ 7-15 deg. with lots of rain though !
Politicians : kind of gray in the matter myself ... but only bad news here so I guess it can only get better with me neighbors .
Criminality : Nobody's mentioned it including me . Here we're 2/3 higher than last year at @ 35-40 murders . How's it in your neck of the woods ? Also street gangs are picking up and taking over big-time since the big Police strike on bikers a couple years ago ; but now it's harder for them .. go figure !
People : We haven't touched on that too ; how are your neighbors and people in general you encounter ... you have club gatherings too ? Are people laid back , snobs , high class , farmers , inhospitable (like zoomzoomfan - haha joke

Whatever crosses your minds : (like zoomzoomfan heheh) .... I'd like to hear more , whatever !

B.C. : I'd like more feedback from you guys representing too , c'mon 6Clubbers !

To finish off , you guys know of any Purolator Depots in your area (mention the area) , maybe more the major ones with the many Big Rigs Semis and the many docking doors ; that would give me an idea combined with what cities/towns/suburbs to help me find a spot to buy a house ?

We're doing great so far with the feedback ! I'd like to keep things rollin'
to all of you ; thx so much !!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been in Edmonton forever and I hope I don't die here so my comments will be bias. If it wasn't for my family and job then I'd moved to Calgary or BC.

Weather: winters really sucks... your skin dries up... gets dark early, but back in the 80's I swear we used to get a lot of -40 below days! Summer has some hot days but cools down a lot at night, doesn't rain that much, still light out at 10 pm. Usually a lot of mosquitoes.

Housing: Prices are nuts, lots are getting smaller, I wished I had central air (summers can get hot), an insulated attached garage is awesome for winter.

Transportation: Our subway system is the worst. I think there's only 10 stations and only services mainly the NE, downtown and UofA at this time. Calgary is far superior. The new Ring Road around the City is a great improvement (Anthony Henday). But then Calgary has the Deerfoot which is probably more efficient.

In conclusion, Edmonton is a good place to raise a family, not overly crowed, we have: West Edm Mall, the capital, the University, 2 Chinatowns (old and new) 5 Mazda dealerships, several summer festivals but it can get really boring quick especially in the winter.

Rice

·
Registered
151 Posts
Move to BC

I work Right down the street from the Purolator in Burnaby, Just outside Vancouver

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=k&om=1

If you scroll around on the map there a little you will see you are in an area of the GVRD (Greater Vancouver Reagional District) that is Super Sweet. There are Towers going up everywhere, yet there are alsom a major amount of homes.

You have 3 Major Ski Hills, within half an hour from home. I can drive anywhere in the lower Mainland in half an hour pretty much. burnaby is the center of the lower Mainlad it seems.

The majority of burnaby is well above sea level, so we dont get flooding, and just below the local snow line. there is normally only a couple of days of snow on ground each year, yet 5 min from home I can drive up Burnaby Mountain, to the lookout http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=k&om=1 or Simon Fraser University http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=k&om=1
The Drive up the mountain is a great little 20 min cruise if you have the need for speed, the road is new, and there are some SPECTACULAR VIEWS! I live right at the base of the mountain and even I have some really cool views.

Vancouver has a night life that Rivals all world Tourism destinations. Remember we have HUGE tourism so No Fun Vancouver is a myth. Thats something people say who don't kknow how to make thier own good time.

We have the Canucks. Yeah alberta has TWO TEAMS.... well, we have Two large hockey Venues. We have the Vancouver Canucks, which has sold out almost 200 consecutive games or there abouts. Plus we have the Vancouver Giants, a junior team that plays in a full size arena. Tickets are only like 17 bux, and it is as good of a time as any....

Now I can't forget about another Huge PLUS to Vancouver, THE COAST!

I am 20mins from Many wicked beaches, most of which are right in the downtown shopping core. In the same day you can ski, Downhill Mountain Bike, Kayak, Swim, Surf (Mild waves you have to go to Tofino for the good Stuff)fly fishing 4x4ing and wakeboard.... if you have that kind of energy.

The people here are pretty cool. I LOVE THE Ethenic Diversity of the city..

OMG HOW COULD I FORGET..... WE GOT THE GREY CUP!.. :p

The Olympics in 2010, Lots of Concerts, everyone comes here... Holywood North.... Mountains, Valleys, Dykes and Rivers.

The down side of things.... VPD (although they are getting cleaned up).... Taxes, Gas Prices, General cost of living.... Although we doo get wicked produce and seafood... you could eat crab all day if you wanted too.

Anyways I must digress.. just move here.

DO IT

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
People : We haven't touched on that too ; how are your neighbors and people in general you encounter ... you have club gatherings too ? Are people laid back , snobs , high class , farmers , inhospitable (like zoomzoomfan - haha joke

Whatever crosses your minds : (like zoomzoomfan heheh) .... I'd like to hear more , whatever !
[/b]
Whoa... 6 Pack... how'd I miss this post, with you being so affectionate and all :)

I'm new to BC as well. Former Ontario resident (Toronto) for 18 years+. Moved here this past summer. So, my opinions:

Well, for starters I was lucky that I didn't need to find a new job since I still work for my old employer. Just moved my office, that's all.

Secondly, since I'm a parent of two young kids, my activities concentrate themselves between 6club.com, cleaning up messes, picking up kids from school, and trying to get my son to learn his spelling.

So, I'm not exactly "on the club-scene" every Friday night.

Overall, however, here are my impressions:

Were it not for the weather and absolutely gorgeous surroundings, I don't know if I'd have chosen this place. But, I am lucky that I've made some really good friends over there in the past 6 months, so that's helps a lot.

I find that things are generally more expensive here, and ON people don't kid yourselves, insurance is plenty expensive out here as well. I was paying 1900 per year in ON and I'm paying just over $2K here in BC for the same car (6i GT MTX).

However, I do find that people are generally different out here. More people will take their time to talk and chat, even if they're strangers. That's a pleasant surprise since in Toronto you'll never get that. On the other hand, I've been hearing a lot about racial tensions in certain parts of town, and that's obviously a huge let-down.

In all, I give this place a thumbs up if you can find a good job here and if you have people out here that make life worth living... wife, kids, family in general, and good friends.

Never had any dealing with hospitals, but this BC Health plan is darn expensive. $1000 per year for medical coverage, that in ON was free.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Whoa... 6 Pack... how'd I miss this post, with you being so affectionate and all :)

I'm new to BC as well. Former Ontario resident (Toronto) for 18 years+. Moved here this past summer. So, my opinions:

Well, for starters I was lucky that I didn't need to find a new job since I still work for my old employer. Just moved my office, that's all.

Secondly, since I'm a parent of two young kids, my activities concentrate themselves between 6club.com, cleaning up messes, picking up kids from school, and trying to get my son to learn his spelling.

So, I'm not exactly "on the club-scene" every Friday night.

Overall, however, here are my impressions:

Were it not for the weather and absolutely gorgeous surroundings, I don't know if I'd have chosen this place. But, I am lucky that I've made some really good friends over there in the past 6 months, so that's helps a lot.

I find that things are generally more expensive here, and ON people don't kid yourselves, insurance is plenty expensive out here as well. I was paying 1900 per year in ON and I'm paying just over $2K here in BC for the same car (6i GT MTX).

However, I do find that people are generally different out here. More people will take their time to talk and chat, even if they're strangers. That's a pleasant surprise since in Toronto you'll never get that. On the other hand, I've been hearing a lot about racial tensions in certain parts of town, and that's obviously a huge let-down.

In all, I give this place a thumbs up if you can find a good job here and if you have people out here that make life worth living... wife, kids, family in general, and good friends.

Never had any dealing with hospitals, but this BC Health plan is darn expensive. $1000 per year for medical coverage, that in ON was free.
[/b]

I'm sorry..... My health coverage is diffrent than that of someone in another province?
I never realized how daft I am.

That pisses me of.. Forget BC don't come here.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Helmz , zoomzoomfan thx a lot for the great comments ! :)

I recently spoke briefly with a work colleague that just moved back here from Vancouver , cause of family matters (parents getting old, etc.)
He mentioned something that stuck with me as a downer :( Houses that go for 200,000$ here ; in B.C. go for like 600 thou. :drool: ..... he sold his 900 square foot Condo for like 300 thou. OMG the price is crazy !!! apparently not for the houses ; but the land is what's killing prices . You guys must be rich or have well paying jobs ! For Puro I make 22.50$/hr .
Helmz ; unless you already bought before the booming prices .... and zoomfan ; are you living out of the city where prices are lower ? From what he tells me ; it's like you have to drive an hour and a half out of the city to get something affordable . What I can afford is more like tops 175,000 $ ! Where does that put me geographically in B.C. ?
It's sure tempting moving there & all , but is it realistic ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Helmz , zoomzoomfan thx a lot for the great comments ! :)

I recently spoke briefly with a work colleague that just moved back here from Vancouver , cause of family matters (parents getting old, etc.)
He mentioned something that stuck with me as a downer :( Houses that go for 200,000$ here ; in B.C. go for like 600 thou. :drool: ..... he sold his 900 square foot Condo for like 300 thou. OMG the price is crazy !!! apparently not for the houses ; but the land is what's killing prices . You guys must be rich or have well paying jobs ! For Puro I make 22.50$/hr .
Helmz ; unless you already bought before the booming prices .... and zoomfan ; are you living out of the city where prices are lower ? From what he tells me ; it's like you have to drive an hour and a half out of the city to get something affordable . What I can afford is more like tops 175,000 $ ! Where does that put me geographically in B.C. ?
It's sure tempting moving there & all , but is it realistic ?
[/b]

WELL!

You are correct!

175k.... ferget it, cant buy anything for that. not here. unless you want to live in a sweet trailer, or something.... Apartments start at about 300k for anything in burnaby.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya , I figured that I would buy one here for now ; I'm still young & healthy haha .... let the property gain value ... wait to win the lottery (ya right !) ... sell it and retire in B.C. .... unless by then B.C. turns cold like it's starting to look , and Qc warms up like the 16 degrees of Friday !

·
Registered
151 Posts
dont buy into the hype.. We just had the best summer ever...........followed by the worst storms ever... Well not ever, but ever in my 27 years alive.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Our early winter storms are usually followed by warm rainfall for the rest of the winter season, like what we're now experiencing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts