Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to keep the natives from getting too restless here. :laugh:

1. Stealthyness. I'm tired of every joe on the road wanting to race me, I'll pick and chose my times IF.

2. Plenty of useable trunk space, I took one look at a GTO and laughed, that's not a trunk, it's a cubbyhole.

3. AWD, AWD, AWD. I've have several AWD cars, I keep coming back to em.

4. Gas mileage. My criteria is to get at least 22 MPG with my DD....I've met and beat that on my first 3 tanks already. 25.6 best so far.

5. Seats, although I'd like power thigh/lumbar they are still pretty great for me. I have a bad back and with a lot of cars the seats simply kill me. I tried a Bonneville GXP a few years back and I simply could not even tolerate an hour drive in it due to the seat.

6. The Whitewater pearl color, lovely. :love:

7. Tilt/tele, puts the wheel right where I like it.

8. Leg room. I have plenty and I'm 6'.

9. Power. Although I'm of the opinion there's never such a thing as too much HP, the 274 this has along with the good TQ make for a reasonably enjoyable driving expirence all things considerd.

10. Visibility. Blind spots are minimal, I've had some cars that were just impossible to see out of.

11. Ingress/ exit. Again my bad back is grateful this car is easy to get in/out of. My SS was a joke, like laying on the floor basically.

12. 6 disc indash/steering radio controls. Always like these.

13. Noise. The car is reasonably quiet, no wind whistles at speed, no annoying rattles or squeaks.

14. Brakes. They seem pretty darn good, I've not had to do any emergency stopping yet, but I've shaved off some serious speed a few times with no problems at all.

15. Keyless operation. I love it.

16. Heated mirrors/seats. Car sits out in winter, this will be nice.

17. Defeatable DSC, some cars you're stuck with it on all the time.

18. General interior layout. Ergonomics seem pretty well laid out.

Probably more but...you gt the idea. :nana:

·
Registered
112 Posts
How about ride quality. This was the big seller for me. I've driven my share of harsh riding vehicles and to get 280lb-ft of torque and a comfortable ride without spending 40k is incredible.

18" wheels and it rides nice... wow!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i love that the mazdaspeed6 can be a different car depending on the color. i wanted a little more attention and a nice sporty look, so i went for the velo red. but for those who want the stealth, there are plenty of subdued colors.

i also love that even in sport trim the interior is impressive. imho, it is really well laid out and everything has a nice, damped feel to it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nicely stated :)
[/b]
+1 and EVERYTHING else about the car makes me smile. :drive:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Stealth, stealth, stealh

awd turbo 6spd

comfort

mellow

made in japan (i come from years of tracking honda's) and appreciate the quality build out of japan

favorable price

:drive:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good power @ a great price.

xenon headlights, handling, awesome braking, awd - inspires confidence.

only a little turbo lag, and the fact that it feels like a totally different car after i put on the CP-E CAI and Cat Back Exhaust. I don't really mind that the power drops off at 6,000 rpms, by that time I've already changed gears.

also the paint job (despite its tendency to chip) - it really stands out and lots of people comment.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I love the stealth of it and I really like the ergonomics. Im 6'3 235 and i still fit pretty comfortably, alot better than the EVO or STI i drove. I also like the streetability, the power is pretty smooth and it doesnt bother my wife or daughter when we drive around town. Where as the evo and sti have very abrupt power, which i like if i fit in them. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
the fact that it's not a mustang,
and nobody will tell you the "proper" list of the 1st
200 mods you should do to make your car unique. just like every other one.
(e.g. "hey nice car, put on flowmasters, throw in a 3.73 gear, motorsport C springs, cobra rims,
tint the windows, pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum clutch quadrent, trickflow heads and intake, MAC cai,
underdrive pullies ... and then your car will be SWEET)

Ill miss the mustang events, but not the conformity. :drive:
oh yeah, and AWD for the win.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love the raised hood..it's subtle but still hints at performance

People usually walk by the car..stop..and take another look because they noticed the hood.

·
Registered
157 Posts
AWD, power, 6speed transmission, triple-cone syncros on at least 1st and 2nd gear, HID projectors. Those were my criteria for a car, and the Speed6 nailed them without the boy-ricer look of an STI.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So far just about everything about it. Havent experience power loss but I also only put 93 or 94 octane in my cars (other is a 92 Talon TSi AWD) I think I can spare the extra 1 or 2 dollars at most when using 94.

Oh and its basically my 3000GT. I've always wanted one and though I think I like the looks of the 3KGT better, this car is more stealthy, has a warranty, and with a couple mods, basically has the same power rating... oh and its like 20k less when compared to a brand new 3KGT (when they were around)

I thought about an Evo, but already have 1 car with the 4G63 engine. Dont need two. So I can mod the crap out of the talon, and still have my nice DD that I will beat the crap out of, only under warranty. If I bought an Evo, I'd want to do too many things to it. Though I plan to do some things to the MS6, for now only intake/ exhaust/ wheels/ tires and maybe making some of my own parts... maybe like, titanium strut tower bars... i'll let you know when I finish those.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Torque

The little headlight height adjustment

Torque

Comfy back seat for friends

Torque

Well integrated Nav system with remote

Torque

Great brakes

Torque

Stealth (Whitewater Pearl Mica)

And then there is the torque

·
Registered
272 Posts
My criteria was:
4 Door Sedan
Faster than my Neon by 1.0s in the 1/4 mile.
6-spd manual
AWD
Less than $40K CDN

What I like a lot:
OMFG the power!
HIDs
Auto climate control
Headlight adjuster
DSC off button
Alluminum pedals.
4 windows down/up/remote down.
Red speedo backlight.
The way the turn signal sounds. (it's not irritating like most cars)
Telescoping steering wheel.
Power adapter in the center console.
Mode selecter for the stereo on steering wheel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to revive a long-dead thread, but now that the cooler weather is getting here I have to say: Heated leather seats FTW! Turned them on today without telling the wife and she thought she was having a "female moment". :laugh:

Not only that, but not having to fumble around with keys while wearing gloves is sweet as well.

This car, while not the fastest thing on the road, still kicks plenty of a$$ and is thoroughly awesome. :dmetal:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Price was nice.

The stealthy Nav.

The color (Blackcherry Mica)

Express up/down on all windows (never had that before)

The HID's

The seats (White w/ black center leather)

Advance key feature. Even tho once I went to walmart and parked wayyy in the back (I always do with all my vehicles) and once in store, figured out I dont have my card. lol

Heated seats. Had to use them the other morning. Suprised how fast they got warm. The ol lady LOVES them.

Only thing I wish it came with was bluetooth. It came with damn near everything else, so I'm not complaining at all.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
RFID entry, start and trunk release - cool!

seats are comfortable for me at 6'2" and 210lbs

SOUND since I added the CAI, I can't stay outta the boost :)

And - as has been stated several times already - the torque!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts