Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my list of what I hate on this car:

*the grille
*the wheel design and very limited choices of aftermarket wheels due to offset and fender space
* no provisions to add guages with NAvi equipped
* OEM mufflers
* difficult to have a smooth shift on city driving
* chrome garnished tail light...so Altezza look
* no rear wiper from jdm specs
* no headlight washer from initial product release...not even an option
* large chrome emblems

feel free to list yours...

·
Registered
59 Posts

*the grille
*the wheel design and very limited choices of aftermarket wheels due to offset and fender space
* OEM mufflers
* large chrome emblems

[/b]
May I ask why did you buy this car ?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Probably cuz of the specs and how cheap.

The wheels did bother me, but I got used to it.
Got a bit of a rattle in my dash, but i'll get that checked later.
The fact the pas. air bag turns off when my gf is in the seat (she's a lightweight)
other than that, I love my car.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My List:

1) Fog Lights... They don't match or fit the vehicle at all as for color goes... plus we get ugly black housing.. instead of painted housing like other mazdas... (speed3 has it I think)...

2) Stereo - NO FUCKING MP3... 30,000 dollar car with "bose" super cool system.. that doesn't play MP3's... WTF?

3) Rear bumper... has 2 huge black areas where the exhaust sticks out... I'd rather the entire bumper be body color... or re-designed to be more sporty...

4) Engine Bay - Should have given us more room in this thing... After installing my DP... I realized how packed that 2.3 really is...

5) No traction control settings / diff settings... Like the STI allows you to controll the center diff. OR.. no option to set "street, sport, snow" type modes for driving conditions...

6) Body Colored Shark Fin... Most / Many high end sporty cars... and BMW's have a body colored shark-fin... us? Black stinger...

7) One touch windows (which I love)... that have to be re-programmed all the damn time...

8) "Elite" bose stereo... with no extrnal jack or Bluetooth setup... Basically the bose stereo sucks... Its like a Mac.. does what its designed to do.. and nothing else... not very open for "modding" or customization

9) Navi - No voice activation or touch screen.. remote sucks.. has to be held up high to be used... cannot be used while vehicle is moving... which defeats the purpose of the remote... Is very outdated... doesn't have half the stores / shops / fast food.. you name it.. that i've found travelling around in Cali over the past year....

I could go on and on... but those are the big ones that came to mind.... The stereo not playing MP3's is probably the hugest load of BS the speed6 came with... along with the navi locking while in motion... yet we have a "remote" control for it o_O....

:EDIT:

I saw the "why did you buy this car" after I posted.... Why you ask? Because I LOVE THIS FUCKING THING.. its awsome... however this thread was about things that mazda SHOULD or could have changed... that aren't huge spendy additons... For example... saying "We don't have 1000 horse power" is retarded because this would be a 500,000 dollar car or some shit...

But having MP3-able deck... thats supposed to be high-quality "bose" seems like a reasonable addition for mazda to have made...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hate is a STRONG word... :huh:
I have yet to own a car that didn't have something I wish it did...

So what would I wish the factory would have done as standard equipment?

Slight lowered suspension (Like what Audi did with the A4 standard vs A4 sport was lowered .75" not much but a start)
Slightly more agressive exhaust note. They did this for the Miata, why not the MS6?
More agressive front seat side bolsters, especially when optioned with leather.
Offered the RX-8 wheels as a factory option, so I didn't have to find a set.

Everything listed can be easily remedied in the aftermarket, but would have been nice to come that way. That would have set the MS6 even more apart from its M6 versions.

Still, I wouldn't change it for anything else out there right now for the price range. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
* Clutch
* Exhaust rings/tips

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree with Toybiz

I cant "hate" anything about it. If it were to be anything I shake my head about with this car, is the gas "I" use cuz I love driving it. lol Gotta pay to play, but I'm not complaining.

I knew most of the things that it didnt come with before I got it (nothing aftermarket cant take care of), and I still purchased it.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
1) Posts like this.
[/b]
+1

i HATE duplicate posts. was there a post just like this three months ago?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I dislike the

the 2 Black so called "rear difuser" in the bumper
interior looks almost exactly the same as regular MZ6
Design of the OEM rims could be better
small little dinky exhaust tail pipe inside the hugh-ass exhaust tip
OEM CD player (even less than $20 000 cars has OEM MP3)
Difficult to install aftermarket HU (no dash kit yet)

But all the points i've stated above does not affect my decision of purchasing the 07 MS6.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't hate anything about the car, but I do wish that there were no dummy exhaust tips, better yet, I wish Mazda didn't do the dual exhaust at all. I also wish the moon roof included in the auto window option. These are small things though, nothing that really even crosses my mind unless a thread like this comes along.

·
Registered
940 Posts
The reflash and the fact that the car is inconsistent now (misfires and bogging, etc - and the dealer can't find the problem). I really liked the car before that point.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Hmmm lets see...... Nothing. Only thing I hated was removing the bolts on the turbo flange and O2 sensors. Mazda owes me a can of PB Blaster. :D

·
Registered
998 Posts

*the grille
* OEM mufflers
* large chrome emblems

[/b]
The mufflers do their job, muffle sound and help with emissions, what more do you want for a brand new car?

How many 4 door sedans in the US have a rear wiper arm? None that I can think of. If it was a 5door then it would come with the rear wiper arm (just like the standard 6's).

How many US vehicles have headlight washers? Less than 10% of all vehicles on the road I'm sure.
Move to Europe where this is normal and you can have the headlight washers.

You can paint the emblems.

Probably cuz of the specs and how cheap.
The wheels did bother me, but I got used to it.
Got a bit of a rattle in my dash, but i'll get that checked later.
The fact the pas. air bag turns off when my gf is in the seat (she's a lightweight)
other than that, I love my car.
[/b]
Is you gf 12 or something? My 40 lb dog weighs enough to turn the airbag on when he's in the front seat.

Talk about a bunch of bitching. If you guys find so many things wrong with the car, why even purchase it. Obviously you're not happy with the car.

What do I hate? The lack of aftermarket, that's all.

Jason

Reactions: Billrunyon

·
Registered
305 Posts
What do I dislike - only one thing:

Mazda did not consult, ask, investigate, or solicite feedback on the design of the exhaust tips. There is no way you could convince me that Mazda actually designed those things based on any sort of feedback from the buying public. And how a group of designers could come up with the "pee shooter leading into oversized false chrome rings" design and determine that it looked cool, is beyond imagination. I would be shocked to hear that the person(s) responsible for this design is/are still employed with Mazda - it is simply not possible.
What in the hell was Mazda thinking. I am yet to hear from a single owner who actually likes this look - prove me wrong....

Other than that, outstanding car! :love:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I love my car. And, for the price, I don't think you could find anything quite comparable....

My list of things I would like to have changed would be:

1) Clutch. I know there's a thread out there to help smooth this thing out....I just don't have the time to adjust/drive adjust/drive adjust/drive. Maybe some day.

2) Seats. They're good but after seeing the MazdaSpeed3 seats?!?!!?!? WOW. Wonder how much those go for!

3) The fact that I can't just buy it the way I want to build it. I know, I know, nitpicky....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I only have one very small issue. The visors don't extend out for when you move it to the side. My old car had it and it came in handy. Everything else is great. Exhaust tips were disapointing to see, but you don't see them when driving so who cares.

I still don't understand the problems you people have with the clutch. I think it works great. Granted it is my first manual car so I haven't been brain washed into thinking that it should be just like my old car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I HATE HOW I LOSE BOOST AFTER 5500 RPMS!!!!!!!
got the car dyno'ed saturday and after the 1st pull the owner came up to me and said ur boost drops off to almost nothing after 5500 rpms. BUT, he said the good news is your car is running super rich, (so rich it wasnt reading the AFR after about 3500 rpms) u could def unlock more power by getting a chip for this and/or turning the boost up. AHHH I wish I wasn't under warranty :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only thing I can realy bitch about (after owning just over 2 months) is the fact that I have to hold the sunroof button when opening it (instead of a one-touch operation on most other cars.) Yea, the tailpipe thing on the bumper is kinda dumb, but I don't make a habit of pointing it out to people. I think we are the only ones who notice it (Well, us and the automotive press, but who cares about them anyway)

Everycar has "something" that you wouldn't like, I think the small issues with this car make it a success in my opinion

1 - 20 of 200 Posts