Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I get rid of my stock wheels I thought about running these Konig wheels. What do you guys think?

Specs I'd run:

Gloss Bronze
18x9.5 (front)
18x8.5 (rear)

·
Rally Racer
1,976 Posts
Once I get rid of my stock wheels I thought about running these Konig wheels. What do you guys think?

Specs I'd run:

Gloss Bronze
18x9.5 (front)
18x8.5 (rear)

They look nice but it only matters what you think.
Is it customary to run wider on the front of the 3rd gen? I would think you would want the same width, unless you are going for that dragster look tha is common among the Honda civic crowd. .

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look nice but it only matters what you think.
Is it customary to run wider on the front of the 3rd gen? I would think you would want the same width, unless you are going for that dragster look tha is common among the Honda civic crowd. .
Not common to run a staggered set up, but I'm trying to run that set up to have better performance on the track. Yeah ultimately I have to live with my choices, I was just wondering what the other members thought!

·
Super Moderator
16,808 Posts
Unless you're spending a lot of time on the track, I highly suggest not going staggered. Not only does it not suit these cars (in my opinion), you'll be unable to properly rotate tires which will mean more tire replacements than you would need to otherwise.

The rims themselves would go nice with the car though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you're spending a lot of time on the track, I highly suggest not going staggered. Not only does it not suit these cars (in my opinion), you'll be unable to properly rotate tires which will mean more tire replacements than you would need to otherwise.

The rims themselves would go nice with the car though.

Yeah that is the main reason holding me back from fully committing to the staggered set up (not being able to rotate tires and insufficient amount of time on the track to justify). Definitely set on the rims though!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With all the open space in those wheels you realize that your brakes are going to look puny. 😋

View attachment 238065

Look, they already come with SS brake lines. 😜

Oh man, I definitely been thinking about the stock brakes looking terrible... those are nice!

·
Registered
56 Posts
IMHO, you don't need much wider tires for the track (Skyactiv-G doesn't have enough power to wheelspin), perhaps save the money and get a set of Pilot Sport 4 S tires and I think you'll see lap times drop many seconds?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts