Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm planning on installing a head unit too and came up on this product....
http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/thesp...ine/Detail?no=7

Now it states that it is a kit so what do I need other then the HU for the install????
Do I need the auxmod harness still???
Does anybody know anything about this kit??
BTW its gonna go in a 2004 mazda6 with bose!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Wow, nice! I've been looking for this besides the Autoexe store.

I think if I can't figure things out, I'll have to get this, even though I will lose the map pocket. Of course, knowing my luck, this will benefit everyone else cause right after I buy this, the Metra for 2006 will come out.

Good god, it's $45 for shipping...so $189. I guess it's shipping from Japan?

Well I'm planning on installing a head unit too and came up on this product....
http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/thesp...ine/Detail?no=7

Now it states that it is a kit so what do I need other then the HU for the install????
Do I need the auxmod harness still???
Does anybody know anything about this kit??
BTW its gonna go in a 2004 mazda6 with bose!!
[/b]

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah if this kit comes with the connection to the stock bose system then its pretty cheap since you dont have to buy any wiring harness!
Wow, nice! I've been looking for this besides the Autoexe store.

I think if I can't figure things out, I'll have to get this, even though I will lose the map pocket. Of course, knowing my luck, this will benefit everyone else cause right after I buy this, the Metra for 2006 will come out.
Good god, it's $45 for shipping...so $189. I guess it's shipping from Japan?
[/b]

·
Registered
829 Posts
yeah if this kit comes with the connection to the stock bose system then its pretty cheap since you dont have to buy any wiring harness!
[/b]
I am going to guess that it comes with some sort of a wirning harness. I mean, anyone can do this...I think they just splice into the factory harness. I bought all the harnesses I would need for that, less than $20 total (a reverse and a wiring harness)...I just need a place to put the head unit.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its kinda hard to see it well in the pic. but it looks like it sticks out quite a bit... so i'd think it's a thief magnet...
[/b]
Spidy why do you gotta flame on my posts all the time!!! :swearin: j/k -dont forget about the meet this comming sunday!

Anyways thats why there is detachable faces in aftermarket decks!! I'm pretty sure they ain't gonna take the deck without the face!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just realized that you don't have an '06. Why not just get the Metra?

BTW, I am going to e-mail the dude and see if he can set us up a group buy or something. I *think* lots of '06 owners are itching for aftermarket units. If he can knock like $20 off the price of $189 shipped, it might work. <shrug> I guess only problem is it might be like the MPS badges where we have to get them shipped here and then shipped out again to everyone.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just realized that you don't have an '06. Why not just get the Metra?

BTW, I am going to e-mail the dude and see if he can set us up a group buy or something. I *think* lots of '06 owners are itching for aftermarket units. If he can knock like $20 off the price of $189 shipped, it might work. <shrug> I guess only problem is it might be like the MPS badges where we have to get them shipped here and then shipped out again to everyone.
[/b]
Can you ask if the wiring kit is included in the kit too!?? Thx

·
Registered
83 Posts
if this was about 100 dollars cheaper, i'd be all over it. I can't bring myself to spend 200 dollars on that thing :\. For us 2006ers this is what we need, too bad its in japan.

Keep us updated with the information.

·
Registered
829 Posts
if this was about 100 dollars cheaper, i'd be all over it. I can't bring myself to spend 200 dollars on that thing :\. For us 2006ers this is what we need, too bad its in japan.
Keep us updated with the information.
[/b]
Good news (kinda) and bad news.

Good news is, if we buy 20 from him, we can each pay ~$140 to have it shipped to me and then have me ship to everyone else. That includes two shipping fees and hopefully Paypal fees and such. I can probably make it $135 even if I can set up a personal Paypal account with no fees (but you can't pay with credit card).

Bad news is...this stupid kit doesn't come with any wiring harness at all! :swearin: You'll have to splice into the system yourself? Or something. I don't know how the Autoexe version works. Or maybe it's already the same one? Here's a picture of the kit they gave me.

Now, having said that, I don't think anyone's going to buy this anymore. =) I might still get it (it's friggin' $189 shipped, I am thinking it would be smarter to wait for the new Metra?) and hack the wires up. Ah well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
ouch i could get a fiberglass setup from someone else for that price.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yea the price is bummer, pure bummer dudes. I would actually buy a dvd player if I placed it up there. Metra kit can't do you wrong though!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I think your money would be better spent locally having basically the same thing built out of fiberglass. Hell, I'll build it for you out of fiberglass. Hell of a lot easier than shipping it over seas.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think your money would be better spent locally having basically the same thing built out of fiberglass. Hell, I'll build it for you out of fiberglass. Hell of a lot easier than shipping it over seas.
[/b]
How much would that cost? ~$100? You think I can have someone mold a single din thing into the OEM radio after taking out the cd player and the front trim? That would be ideal...use the OEM dash, move the radio somewhere else to retain the display and put the aftermarket in.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
How much would that cost? ~$100? You think I can have someone mold a single din thing into the OEM radio after taking out the cd player and the front trim? That would be ideal...use the OEM dash, move the radio somewhere else to retain the display and put the aftermarket in.
[/b]
Fabricating a dash pocket would cost under 100 dollars.

Molding into the OEM is not as easy as it might seem, it has been done before. I think this guy was the first, from what I remember.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Fabricating a dash pocket would cost under 100 dollars.

Molding into the OEM is not as easy as it might seem, it has been done before. I think this guy was the first, from what I remember.
[/b]
Yeah, I have that in my bookmarks. But you can remove most of that stuff on the 2006...hmmm, maybe I should go price some stuff out at the local shops instead of thinking they'll just screw up my car. Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, I have that in my bookmarks. But you can remove most of that stuff on the 2006...hmmm, maybe I should go price some stuff out at the local shops instead of thinking they'll just screw up my car. Thanks Dave.
[/b]
I think you are mistaken, although the face of the 2006 looks like it is different, it uses the same design as the 03-05, that is all the buttons on a circuit board mounted to the front panel, with the CD player mounted behind it. You can't simply pull the head unit out and mold a new one in there, it's just not that easy. If you've got auto climate control, it's even more of a pain in the ass than what's shown on clubconcepts website.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think you are mistaken, although the face of the 2006 looks like it is different, it uses the same design as the 03-05, that is all the buttons on a circuit board mounted to the front panel, with the CD player mounted behind it. You can't simply pull the head unit out and mold a new one in there, it's just not that easy. If you've got auto climate control, it's even more of a pain in the ass than what's shown on clubconcepts website.
[/b]
Yeah I know...I was actually thinking of moving all of the electronics somewhere else and just use the dash...but I guess you're right, with the auto climate, that probably won't work.

<sigh> Back to waiting for the slow pokes at Metra I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts