Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Up until 2yrs ago, I worked in wholesale selling electrical equipment for 20yrs. Mostly catered to industrial and commercial applications. 2yrs ago, my location was selected to start selling solar equipment. I helped start the store on it's path as its operations manager (think satellite store manager). 5mos ago, I was 'asked' (I say that loosely because it was more of a 'deal that could not be refused' situation) to transfer to our Bay Area flagship store. As for my current position, it depends on the mood I guess. Long term, probably a purchasing manager.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work as a system engineer at the Naval Information Warfare Center. Prior to that I worked on the DoD Teleport program at the Gateway Facility in Italy (don't get excited, doesn't actually deal with Teleport ing people or some Star Trek shit) and prior to that I was in the Navy.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda Mazda6 Touring MTX
104 Posts
In answer to Jake Wilcox: if I were a Billionaire - I would have an M class 3 series BMW 4dr with a 6MT... and I wouldn't care what it cost to fuel and repair it.... That plus a Cayman or a 911 hehe.
I would probably put an RB26 and another 50 grand under the hood of my 6 to have the ultimate sleeper.

·
Registered
'16 M6, 2.5L, ATX
57 Posts
I'm a software developer in a Boston-based company, currently working on a customer engagement tool.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’ve worked in agriculture my whole life, apart from a detour to IBM for a bit in the middle. Right now I run a large mass-production facility to apply the Sterile Insect Technique. (see Google, or this link:
Sterile insect technique | IAEA ).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a Senior Certified Mazda technician, I enjoy working on most cars but Mazda just sorta felt right when I wanted to get a dealer job, and now I own a Mazda too

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Licensed master mariner in the US Merchant Marine, running the vessel in my avatar.
Currently working in Exxon/Esso's Stabroek Field, off-shore Guyana.

Hey! Welcome back. I mean, your last post was 2011.

If I may ask, what kind of vessel is that? Tanker? Bulk Carrier? I doubt it's a Navy ship.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Hey! Welcome back. I mean, your last post was 2011.

If I may ask, what kind of vessel is that? Tanker? Bulk Carrier? I doubt it's a Navy ship.
Yeah, it's been a while. I'll be in the market for a car in a year or two and I'm just catching up on things.
It's an OSV: Off-shore Supply Vessel. We take drilling / exploration rigs and drill ships anything they need to drill wells in deep water areas. Currently working about 110 miles off the cost of Guyana. The back deck carries deck cargo and below decks we carry water, fuel, liquid mud, and bulk products to pump up to them.

·
Registered
2003 Mazda 6S
24 Posts
Im a Field Service Technician for cable telecommunication company spanning 27 states here in the US. Fancy way of saying im a cable guy 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT, 1.4" drop, OVTuned, Injen CAI, Thrush Exhaust
109 Posts
I'm almost 40, father of three, and a Software Engineer (technically an engineering manager now, but still like to get into the code and design work). I work for a major technology company working on software that supports the operation of data-centers/cloud worldwide (specifically Asset/Inventory management).
My long term dream project is to add electric motor to power rear wheels on my 6, so when you pop the hood it looks stock... Given the cost of this, or turbo/supercharger, the more likely next step is to buy a 370Z in a few years as a dedicated fair-weather ride that I will strip the interior out of and modify toward track use :cool:
Honestly I'm having so much fun with my 6, working on just getting to more AutoX events (especially now that my oldest, 19, is into it as well, it is great father/son bonding). Really want to get another set of wheels to put some summer tires on and lose 12lbs per wheel!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts