·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering...

Attachments

G

·
They have to do with the type of metal the wheels are. I don't remember what they stand for, but I am pretty sure the first one has to do with steel wheels (my honda wheels had that on them, too). It is like seeing the 14k on real gold.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Similar to parts in Germany that mention they are TUV approved, JWL (Japan Light Alloy Wheel Testing Council) sets forth certain standards (as regards to wheels) and the JWL mark certifies that the wheel meets certain safety and load standards.

http://www.wheeltechintl.com/tech.php?tid=3

The other marking is probably the wheel manufacturer. I had some TRD wheels that had CMW on them, which stood for Central Motor Wheel, who is the manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The other marking is probably the wheel manufacturer. I had some TRD wheels that had CMW on them, which stood for Central Motor Wheel, who is the manufacturer.[/b]
Yep. Most likely what it is. There are some factory wheels that are the exact same, but they have different manufacturers, so we have to find that mark to figure out which part number it is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.