Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have dicussed the changing and/or creating of sections for the speed6 guys amongst the Mod-team from time to time and we can't seem to come to an agreement on what we think should happen. Some of the suggestions put forth have been to leave this section here and create a new engine section for the speed6's only (no more lumping it together with the 2.3 NA). So what are your thoughts and ideas? Once we have enough given to us, we'll make a poll and let you ppick your favourite option.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I like the idea of leaving this section and creating a separate 2.3T section.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I like the idea of leaving this section and creating a separate 2.3T section.
[/b]
+1

This section for general MS info/questions/conversations, and a subforum for the 2.3T engine and drivetrain is really all we need.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Maybe just subdivide the Speed section into 2, one for general discusion relates to the Speed6, other is for performance, engine and technical stuffs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
+1

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes and yes.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so two viable ideas. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I definitely think we need to divide things up.
My vote is to divide the current mazdaspeed section into drivetrain-appearance-suspension/wheels/tires-general

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There really isn't any point in creating appearance, suspension, wheels etc just for the speed6, those items are close enough/identical to the systems on the regular 6's that all that can go together. We don't want to create a whole forum within this section. We want you guys to be out with the rest of us instead of hiding in here all the time :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
There really isn't any point in creating appearance, suspension, wheels etc just for the speed6, those items are close enough/identical to the systems on the regular 6's that all that can go together. We don't want to create a whole forum within this section. We want you guys to be out with the rest of us instead of hiding in here all the time :)
[/b]
i kinda disagree...especially since there are so many things that are not interchangeable between the turbo and the regular. so i guess im out of luck, but i still vote for subdivision in some form

·
Registered
595 Posts
I also would vote for a subdivision of categories related to the MS6 as then we could more accurately post questions in the appropriate category within the MS6 section.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
in the mazdaspeed forum, put engine and performance, suspension, appearance.

obviously specific to the ms6. althought someone already argued before (in my stupid thread) that the suspension isn't the same, its already been pointed out that even simple things like springs aren't a match and need something ms6 specific.

I don't know about the other ms6 owners, i often times forget to even browse the other sections except for the wheels/tires thread since the ms subforum is the only one related to our "special" model

·
Registered
431 Posts
Maybe just subdivide the Speed section into 2, one for general discusion relates to the Speed6, other is for performance, engine and technical stuffs.
[/b]
+2

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are spring differences between the 6i and 6s, yet they share a common forum, though past springs they are the same, I don't know they compare to your suspensions, which I was under the impression is mostly the same design. We're not looking to open up a lot of new forums, just 1-2 more to keep things a little more separated for ease of browsing.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Mazdaspeed6 Suspension/Chassis/Wheels/Tires Discussion
Mazdaspeed6 Engine/Turbo Discussion
Mazdaspeed6 Drivetrain/Transmission Discussion
Mazdaspeed6 Cosmetics/Appearance Discussion

And keep the main sections is Mazdaspeed6 General Discussion....

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
My thoughts:
Re-name this section to Mazdaspeed6.

Two (2) sub-categories of Wiggum's suggestions:
Suspension/Chassis/Wheels/Tires
Engine/Drivetrain

Expand when further warranted.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I definitely think enigne/drivetrain should go in the same category. Most people seem to like the 2 subdivision idea so far.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
[/b]
+3

Splitting this thread into five different categories is too much.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There are too many people who think that the speed 6 forum is for anything they want to talk about. There have been times that this section is to general and there are better places in the forum to ask the questions and get the same answers. You just need to say this is for the speed 6 and then you will get answer for just the speed 6.

But a section just for the motor would be nice.

Too much subdivision makes for hard searching. And it can clutter up the forum. This is already one of the biggest forums that I have seen.

IMO

1 - 20 of 33 Posts