Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
not a huge fan of the looks of it, but i have heard it has nice power and it is fun to drive. it sucks that mazda had to make it so ugly.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
See, I kinda like the looks because it's different. It felt too small to me inside actually, I felt cramped in the driver's seat. The turbo lag also annoyed the hell outta me.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I like it, but it would be too small for me (our other car is an '03 Expedition!). I'm holding out to see the CX-9! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
See, I kinda like the looks because it's different. It felt too small to me inside actually, I felt cramped in the driver's seat. The turbo lag also annoyed the hell outta me.
[/b]
Turbo lag??

If it's the same engine as the MS6 I dont see how tubo lag should be a concern, the turbo is tiny and spools up very fast, I've never driven the CX-7 however and the ATX could be the thing that is killing it.

on a second note the CX-7 is the best looking crossover vehicle out there...which makes it still one of the ugliest vehicles ever...crossover cars is teh suck

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Turbo lag??

If it's the same engine as the MS6 I dont see how tubo lag should be a concern, the turbo is tiny and spools up very fast, I've never driven the CX-7 however and the ATX could be the thing that is killing it.
[/b]
I did drive one at the ZoomZoomLive (I also drove the MS6). Trust me, there's turbo lag. It took about 2 seconds it felt like for the car to realize I floored it. Reminded me of my 1.8t Jetta (which was also ATX). In comparison, the MS6 didn't have that problem at all.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I think that it looks great and drives well. Interior is nice and it handles really well for what it is. I'd give it a serious look if I was in the market for a cross-over. Definately better that the Highlander and most of the others. Price is very reasonable also.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I sat in one at the dealer and was very impressed with the interior quality and dash layout. The exterior look is quite nice too. Only thing is, the AWD version is pretty heavy which kills acceleration somewhat.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Man..The CX-7 Sucks ass, the ATX has major turbo lag. The brakes are ultra sensitive...I mean you could lightly step on the breaks and then BAM I do not like that at all...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like it. I think it's nice. I might have to switch to a small SUV when I start having kids...so the CX-7 is in mind.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I might have to switch to a small SUV when I start having kids...
[/b]
goodbye mazda6 hello lamest time of your life

·
Registered
405 Posts
goodbye mazda6 hello lamest time of your life
[/b]
Haha, I've had better cars than my Mazda6.

Plus, by the time kids come around, speed isn't going to matter. I'll just want something roomy enough for the kids things, safe for them, good on gas, and that looks good enough for me to want the car. Also, something that will be reliable and last me a long time. Looks like I'll be getting a Toyota. (kidding!)

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Yes I agree with the turbo lag. It is indeed the same engine as the MSP6, but I have been told it was tuned down. Me and wife drove it at zoom-zoom live and also took the East Coast Marketing director of Mazda Corp's "company car" which was the CX7. It has the nifty reverse camera, but to me had less room than the Mazda5! Which by the way impressed the hell outta me!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Haha, I've had better cars than my Mazda6.

Plus, by the time kids come around, speed isn't going to matter. I'll just want something roomy enough for the kids things, safe for them, good on gas, and that looks good enough for me to want the car. Also, something that will be reliable and last me a long time. Looks like I'll be getting a Toyota. (kidding!)
[/b]
Get a 6 wagon. I have two kids and the wagon is amazing. We also have a 5 GT for child hauling.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Get a 6 wagon. I have two kids and the wagon is amazing. We also have a 5 GT for child hauling.
[/b]
or just don't have kids and buy a Ferrari instead...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Kids are going to be fun![/b]
There's more to that statement...

Kids are fun WHEN YOU CAN GIVE THEM BACK TO THEIR PARENTS!! lol

My best friend has 2 kids, and I do have a good time taking them to the movies, the park, and stuff like that (they're 7 and 8), but it's also great to take them back home after a long, hard day of playing to their mother! :) I've also done the cleaning up puke, changing diapers, etc. when they were smaller, and I'd prefer to give those tasks to someone else lol :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Remember this statement when you've been up all night cleaning up baby puke and you have a VERY long day ahead of you. :)
[/b]

lol, I didn't say BABIES were fun, I said kids are going to be fun! Plus, I told my mom if my kids ever get on my nerves, she's taking them for a week. Haha.

·
Registered
344 Posts
it has some good power so I hear, however DAMN that thing is ugly as fcvk. I dont know how much it leases at, but Im sure there are other things more appealing. Tralblazer SS Lexus Rx ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts