Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying I think aftermaket look better oem are to lame and not color does not help they don't even look black

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
My Mazda floormats did not hold-up well.
I drive a manual ahd with less than 19,000k my floormats look like I took them from a 1980's car.
Aftermarket all the way.

BTW I like the look of my Mazda floormats when they were new.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,607 Posts
My all-weather mats have been abused with 40K of MTX driving, as well as the snow/salt/sand of winter, construction/work boots and other foot traffic, as well as having not-so-clean equipment placed on them. They've held up nicely. No holes or worn-out spots, and they look as good as new when they're clean.

Plus, they fit perfectly with the floor contours, with the Mazda 6 logo on them.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I bought a set of cheap rubber mats at Walmart when I first got my car, because I have tan floormats and interior. They fit ok, but the driver's one was always creeping up forward, and it got annoying. Someone local was selling the all-season ones, so I got those. I like the fitment alot better, and it's also cool that the 6 logo is on them too.

I don't move my foot back and forth between the gas, I just pivot my heel. I wore a hole through the floormat in my old car doing this, and I'm sure I will do the same with this one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got some tan Michelin floormats that I picked up from Pep Boys fitted over my stock carpet mats. Less expensive than the all weather mats, fits pretty good, and has deep pockets for rain/snow melt. At least they don't budge when I'm doin my fancy footwork.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I got lucky, when I bought my car it had the carpeted mats inside and in the trunk was a set of the rubber mats, along with a cargo net and the locking wheel nuts. I clean my car every week so I alternate between the two. The rubber mats are great especially in bad weather. I like the design with the little pockets to hold water.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I really like the all-weather Mazda floor mats. They are really thick and durable. I'd have a hard time seeing these things worn out very quickly.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
All weather mazda6 weather mats all the way. There 50 bucks shipped. Don't be cheap, get them and be done with it.

Paul,

You put a hole in your old mats? That's a mean pivet. LOL...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another vote for the OEM all-weather floor mats. I like the look and fit of these. Yes, in time I'm sure they'll wear out, but what doesn't? When they do, I'll just buy another set.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got lucky as well with having the carpet mats when i bought my 6 and the all weather mats in the truck i alternate them in and out depending on the time of the year. I havent had any problems with them and they seem very durable.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have Mazda all weather mats in my 6 and in my wife's 5. They can't be beat. Aftermarket mats never fit as well, and these work great and look great.

The nicest stock mats I've ever seen though are the Monster Mats VW puts in the GTI. They will hold way more sand salt and snow and they are comfier than the Mazda ones too.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Thinking of buying I think aftermaket look better oem are to lame and not color does not help they don't even look black [/b]
mazda ones...definitely

1 - 13 of 13 Posts