Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Stripe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I rebuild the engine I will want to paint the car. I will be doing itmyself using a method I found online using Tremclad. Amazing for how cheap it is (~$50), but the results are awesome: Scroll down to Post #9. As you can see the colour selection isn't oging to be huge, but it will have the basics. I'm not looking for show quaility paint, just something that looks better than flaky black primer.

Here is a picture of my car for reference, feel free to photoshop colours on to it to give me an idea of what you're thinking:

The racing strip I'm talking about is like this, only I want it down the passenger side more. Don't bash the stripe, it is a race car afterall!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, come on people! I need your input :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Bump, come on people! I need your input :D
[/b]
Red w/ white stripe= hottness :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, red with white eh? I've seen a few 323's like that.

Anyone wanna photoshop a white stripe? This one would probably woprk a little better for colour replacement too.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Id go with a dark green with a black stripe to make it look old school like it is.\

Wow I guess we kinda think alike I didnt even look at the poll yet and said dark green and you had it as an option.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id go with a dark green with a black stripe to make it look old school like it is.\

Wow I guess we kinda think alike I didnt even look at the poll yet and said dark green and you had it as an option.
[/b]
When I put Dark green, I was thinking along the lines of a British Racing Green. Obviously I would be limited in the colour selection of the paint brand, but thats all good. I'm sure I could manage to mix a dark green if needed.

blazing copper.
[/b]
Did you read the paint method... not exactly going to work for BC.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Hey, I don't see hot pink on the poll! That would definitely be an eye opener.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
what the F is wrong with black primer?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the black primer is starting to flake and I want something a little more permanent, so I figure why not make it a colour. Tremclad basically IS a primer though, just colourful.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Dark Green with yellow stripe and add black spots!!

call it the Mazda Gremlin...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
No stripe! Stripe = rice. C'mon, Colin, don't you want people to take you seriously? And the GTX only looks good in white (with the charcoal lower body cladding). That's what color mine was!

·
Registered
940 Posts
So after I rebuild the engine I will want to paint the car. I will be doing itmyself using a method I found online using Tremclad. Amazing for how cheap it is (~$50), but the results are awesome: Scroll down to Post #9[/url]. As you can see the colour selection isn't oging to be huge, but it will have the basics. I'm not looking for show quaility paint, just something that looks better than flaky black primer.

Here is a picture of my car for reference, feel free to photoshop colours on to it to give me an idea of what you're thinking:

The racing strip I'm talking about is like this, only I want it down the passenger side more. Don't bash the stripe, it is a race car afterall!
[/b]
Ummm, what's with the skeleton in the car? Those are supposed to go in your closet.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Halloween decorations :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the black stripe is the leader, probably because its subtle. Though I have a tie for colours! I'm leaning more towards the dark green. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
356 Posts
My opinion... dark green with a small white stripe.

So basically the opposite of what you have pictured on the first page.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Speed yellow FTW!...Seriously though, only cars i've seen that look good with stripes are the Roush Mustangs. Blue with white stripes = Solidness

1 - 20 of 23 Posts