Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new baby. People ask what colour is my new car and I have to go into lengthy explanation.
Is there a definitive name for this colour?

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
QUOTE (def+ones @ Nov 13 2008, 11:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475667
steel gray metallic
FTMFW![/b]
Not for the '06-'08, which is what it looks like based on the headlights and front end.

Tungsten Gray is the color, and it does look purplish in different light.

·
Registered
781 Posts
if its purple looking, might be violet grey...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475670
Not for the '06-'08, which is what it looks like based on the headlights and front end.

Tungsten Gray is the color, and it does look purplish in different light.[/b]
Sorry, forgot to mention year. It's 2007 Mazda 6 Touring Edition

As for Tungsten Gray, I looked at "Tungsten Gray" thread (http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=90918)
and found that it's not the same.

It does look more purple under fluorescent light

Is there colour chart for Mazda 6 anywhere?

·
Registered
781 Posts
QUOTE (ArtemusMaximus @ Nov 13 2008, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475682
Sorry, forgot to mention year. It's 2007 Mazda 6 Touring Edition

As for Tungsten Gray, I looked at "Tungsten Gray" thread (http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=90918)
and found that it's not the same.

It does look more purple under fluorescent light

Is there colour chart for Mazda 6 anywhere?[/b]
mine is violet grey and the color code is 33D, (code is found on your door panel). definately looks purple in bright light and black at night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475689
Thanks Mz6GreyGhost
I was just gogling and found few of these.
But all of them show "Violet Gray" without a hint of Violet - just darker gray

QUOTE (jbinx @ Nov 13 2008, 09:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475687
mine is violet grey and the color code is 33D, (code is found on your door panel). definately looks purple in bright light and black at night.[/b]
Thanks, I will check the code
So far looks like the "Violet-Gray" is the winner :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1475670

Tungsten Gray is the color, and it does look purplish in different light.[/b]
My neighbor at my old place had one in that color, I could never tell the damn color because it looked purple/blue to me. Come to think of it, our outside lighting was flourescent.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Nov 13 2008, 06:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476024
violet gray = purple

steel gray = green[/b]
Uhh, what? Steel Gray looks green? Then I must be colorblind, because the only color I see in my car is... wait for it... GRAY!

The Steel Gray is a darker shade gray that was available from '03-'05, dropped for '06-up and replaced by a Tungsten Gray that's much lighter (and IMO more silver than gray).

·
Registered
213 Posts
that is definitly voilet grey

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Nov 13 2008, 07:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1476105
Uhh, what? Steel Gray looks green? Then I must be colorblind, because the only color I see in my car is... wait for it... GRAY!

The Steel Gray is a darker shade gray that was available from '03-'05, dropped for '06-up and replaced by a Tungsten Gray that's much lighter (and IMO more silver than gray).[/b]

yeah, youre probably color blind, :laugh: or youre just seeing what you want to see.
in the sunlight steel gray looks pretty green.
just like how in the sunlight tungsten looks purple.

tungsten looking silver? its not that light. this is the lightest i've ever seen my car.
i only got tungsten gray because i mistakenly thought it was titanium gray (the color used on the ms6)

[attachment=39692:DSC00688.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
HI~. Do you live in Canada and got the Canadian special model - "Touring edition-? If so. Its stormfront Grey same as my car. Down the states they also have this color call Violet gray. Both 33D paint code.

You have the exact same car as me and another member call " eliminator ". Visit my garage to compare =P

BTW. Which part of Canada are you located in?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
11 Participants
Raynman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing