Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a steel gray m6 as seen in the picture below... I have red interior lights, red brake calipers, red neons under the chassis, but i wanted to know what color i should paint my engine cover from your opinions. Should i keep doing the red theme, or should i change it up a bit? Sure, red would like nice, but what if i did silver? I need your opinions. I just don't think red would turn out that great! Also, what do i use for painting it? I believe there is a spray can for high temps and then i just apply a can of gloss for a few layers?

here's a before and after of my car thus far....

here's a few pictures i found of painted engine covers as well that you can base my decision off of (or at least help me out a little).

red, and silver

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think red should be the theme. You can use high heat engine paint that I believe can get from autozone. Be sure to clean cover off and then tape areas you don't want. Not sure about how many coats I'm sure someone that has done can help

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all that i did to the engine cover was use a silver metallica sharpie on the lettering to make that stand out for now... hopefully that holds up to the temps, but i figure it will fade over time so i'll have to apply that again

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It will hold up. It really doesnt get that hot there. If it needed high heat temperature, the plastic itself would have melted. Looks nice.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone use red caliper paint and then use a gloss on the engine cover? :sarc:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
imo, red looks better on darker colors and really stands out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts