Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any help would be great. Looking for the most HP gain.
[/b]
Seen a couple of people that like different ones. Me personally I was able to do custom cat back with the mufflers I wanted and had everything custom bent along with a resonator taken out and it sounds sweet. Everyone I work with was like wow. Best thing I can recommend is to do the resonator delete cause it does make it sound sweet.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Depends on what engine do you have. On the naturally aspirated engines, aftermarket catbacks yield little or no increases in whp because there are few exhaust flow restrictions from the cat back.

I'll defer to the turbo people to comment about exhaust gains for turbocharged engines.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
am i the only one who uses search anymore, geesh... this is like the 100th thread in a month on which exhaust is best......but it is in the Newbie Section so you are safe from flaming ;)

i will say it again, i have the Injen SES Catback and couldnt be happier...it all depends on personal preference....

here is a good link to check out:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...&hl=exhaust

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Check out Blackmajik's post with all of the sound clips of the various exhaust sounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out Blackmajik's post with all of the sound clips of the various exhaust sounds.
[/b]

Thanks

Depends on what engine do you have. On the naturally aspirated engines, aftermarket catbacks yield little or no increases in whp because there are few exhaust flow restrictions from the cat back.

I'll defer to the turbo people to comment about exhaust gains for turbocharged engines.
[/b]
I have a 2004 6 V6 I was hoping for more power. I have the Injen CAI but need more!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have the magna flow on my 2.3L and like it. I would listen to some different setups and decide from what sounds/looks the best as like someone said before- your going to get no noticable gain from the catback.

Although- I think the magnaflow makes it pull a little harder in the high rpm range.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Although- I think the magnaflow makes it pull a little harder in the high rpm range.
[/b]
It does above 5000rpm in my experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts