Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I do not have any recommendations for breaking things.

Now if you mean BRAKES, I like the Powerstop series.

Be aware that there are two rubber bushings on the slider pins in the front that were NOT in the kit. They are, in my opinion, must-replace items. I have a year or so on this kit on my vehicle and like it plenty. A bit more effort than the factory brakes but very consistent (much-improved fade resistance when hot) and excellent modulation.

·
Administrator
18,692 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't replaced the rotors on my 2015 6 but I did replace the pads with PBR Axxis Ceramic pads

Rear - Amazon.com: Rear PBR-AXXIS Deluxe Advanced Brake Pads -Ceramic Brake Compound 3551-1679-00 : Automotive
Front - Amazon.com: Front PBR-AXXIS Deluxe Advanced Brake Pads -Ceramic Brake Compound 3551-1711-00 : Automotive

I've been using PBR pads for 10 years and I've put them on 3 different cars. Dust is minimal, initial bite is crisp and it only gets better once they've bedded

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I haven't replaced the rotors on my 2015 6 but I did replace the pads with PBR Axxis Ceramic pads

Rear - Amazon.com: Rear PBR-AXXIS Deluxe Advanced Brake Pads -Ceramic Brake Compound 3551-1679-00 : Automotive
Front - Amazon.com: Front PBR-AXXIS Deluxe Advanced Brake Pads -Ceramic Brake Compound 3551-1711-00 : Automotive

I've been using PBR pads for 10 years and I've put them on 3 different cars. Dust is minimal, initial bite is crisp and it only gets better once they've bedded
Way overpriced.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,443 Posts
Nice. An Australian brand. I have never heard of them before. Your comments sound great. Out of curiosity, what do you compare them against?
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have stop tech slotted rotors on front and rears, front pads are Akebono ProACT and rears Raybestos EHT element 3. if I had a choice I would use raybestos on the fronts too. Both are low dust and better grip than original

·
Registered
142 Posts
For the people that have used PowerStop - do you hear any clicking noise while driving? Not pressing the brake pedal, just driving. I have PowerStop rotors and pads on the front and back. They stop just fine, but I can hear an audible clicking when I have my windows down and driving. And thoughts or advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
For the people that have used PowerStop - do you hear any clicking noise while driving? Not pressing the brake pedal, just driving. I have PowerStop rotors and pads on the front and back. They stop just fine, but I can hear an audible clicking when I have my windows down and driving. And thoughts or advice?

Thanks
Nope, quiet as all get out. Not a peep even when slamming on them hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not have any recommendations for breaking things.

Now if you mean BRAKES, I like the Powerstop series.

Be aware that there are two rubber bushings on the slider pins in the front that were NOT in the kit. They are, in my opinion, must-replace items. I have a year or so on this kit on my vehicle and like it plenty. A bit more effort than the factory brakes but very consistent (much-improved fade resistance when hot) and excellent modulation.
Could u please link for two rubber bushings on the slide pins? and Did u change Caliper too?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slider bushings here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXW56CY/

I know it says ACDelco. It fits. That part number can probably be crossed to somewhere local to you (e.g. an Autozone or similar)

Why would I change the caliper? There's was nothing wrong with them....
The caliper is about ten years old, so I thought I'd replace it together. I can't do it! And Amazon says the rear bushings don't fit Mazda. Excuse me, where did you buy the rear bushing?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
There aren't any in the rears unless you have very different calipers than I do. Those bushings are only in the front, and only one ONE of the two pins. Yes, it matters which pin goes in the top and bottom -- pay attention when you take them apart.

Don't change calipers unless they're leaking, the boots are damaged or (in the case of the rears) the parking mechanism is hosed. There is no reason to. If you do fluid changes every 2 years the calipers will likely outlast the car. I have two vehicles here that are pushing 20 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There aren't any in the rears unless you have very different calipers than I do. Those bushings are only in the front, and only one ONE of the two pins. Yes, it matters which pin goes in the top and bottom -- pay attention when you take them apart.

Don't change calipers unless they're leaking, the boots are damaged or (in the case of the rears) the parking mechanism is hosed. There is no reason to. If you do fluid changes every 2 years the calipers will likely outlast the car. I have two vehicles here that are pushing 20 years.
Thanks for advice!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts