Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!! I'm getting ready to do a huge headlight build for my 03 and would like to know what kind of Halogen h1s you guys/gals run for the high beam?

I would like to maintain halogen in the high beam spot at this moment but would like a close to white bulb if possible. The reason that I would like to keep it is because the light really won't be needed but would like to keep everything happy in the lighting. It's my understanding that we will have the high beam indicator on in the dash if the lights don't read a certain resistance. I may upgrade to HID and a resistor in that spot later but at this time I'm more focused on the headlight build itself.

Please drop a line and let me know what brand and model you have or have ran and really liked.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DDMTuning.com has great bulbs.
Yes they do and I can read bulb reviews all I want but it still won't give me 1st hand, in car, personal experience reviews in a car that I own. Just like the car audio world, a lot of automotive lighting is "rated" 1 way but perform way under what they are labeled.
@DrFeelGood hit it on the head with his experience with the Philips clear visions. If they look closer to the white side of the scale vs yellow then that's what I'm looking for lol.

Thanks all. I'll look into the others as well but I've seen people talk about the Philips bulbs on automotive lighting forums and all in all they seem to be one of the most recommended.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yes they do and I can read bulb reviews all I want but it still won't give me 1st hand, in car, personal experience reviews in a car that I own. Just like the car audio world, a lot of automotive lighting is "rated" 1 way but perform way under what they are labeled.

@DrFeelGood hit it on the head with his experience with the Philips clear visions. If they look closer to the white side of the scale vs yellow then that's what I'm looking for lol.

Thanks all. I'll look into the others as well but I've seen people talk about the Philips bulbs on automotive lighting forums and all in all they seem to be one of the most recommended.

Man, some people just dont have a grasp of the English language like they used to... What did you think i meant by "they have great bulbs"??? I didnt say "Ive heard" or "my buddy told me" or "read the reviews". As long as it follows the Phillips FORMAT, you dont need to spend $100 per bulb to get good results. Stop worrying so much about a wear item being the "best" because its all subjective. If it works, it works.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, some people just dont have a grasp of the English language like they used to... What did you think i meant by "they have great bulbs"??? I didnt say "Ive heard" or "my buddy told me" or "read the reviews". As long as it follows the Phillips FORMAT, you dont need to spend $100 per bulb to get good results. Stop worrying so much about a wear item being the "best" because its all subjective. If it works, it works.
I have a great grasp on English. Someone saying "ddm has great bulbs" with no information about what brand and model they went with from the site is of no help to anyone. I can say "Walmart.com has great bulbs" and it would be just as useless. It took you a 2nd post to name a brand. I'm not looking for the best bulb to put in there. It's going to be more for looks vs useable light as stated in my original post due to the Bi-Xenon projectors that I will be placing in the low beam spot.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I directly answered you, so who has the disconnect?
Not really. You listed a site and left it at that. And by the looks of it, ddm doesn't carry many. Now if you would have said something like "DDMtuning house brand h1s are good" then it would have been much more helpful towards the nature of the thread.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a keyboard war with you but a lot of what I see you post comes across as assish. With a name such as yours, I assume that at 1 point you owned a DSM. If that was the case then you may or may not have been on DSMTUNERS and if that were true, I expect your post to be a little more helpful vs keyboard warriorish.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Not really. You listed a site and left it at that. And by the looks of it, ddm doesn't carry many. Now if you would have said something like "DDMtuning house brand h1s are good" then it would have been much more helpful towards the nature of the thread.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a keyboard war with you but a lot of what I see you post comes across as assish. With a name such as yours, I assume that at 1 point you owned a DSM. If that was the case then you may or may not have been on DSMTUNERS and if that were true, I expect your post to be a little more helpful vs keyboard warriorish.

DDM Tuning ONLY sells their bulbs, its a brand, Wal-Mart is a retailer, see the difference... I owned my Talon before web forums were even a thing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See, I just now learned that DDMtuning is only house brand. That's good to know to clear any confusion for anyone else that may not have known.

·
Super Moderator
16,842 Posts
DDMTuning bulbs are fine, but nothing spectacular. I ran them for years on my old 6 with no issues, but I also ran into a handful of people who had issues with them (mind you, this was with the ballasts for HID bulbs, not Halogen).

I haven't been in the Halogen world in long enough (I just go LED or HID instead) to tell you what's best though, so here's someone else's opinion: https://bestheadlightbulbs.com/best-halogen-headlight-bulbs/

Personally, I stay away from Silvania because I've never had luck with their products in the past, but they seem to be rated fairly high.

@TalonTsi90, while we value your expert opinion on many things on this forum, (some of, not all) your responses lately have been more than just blunt and I'd ask that you please be mindful of everyone on here at all times. Insinuating that someone doesn't know how to speak their own language is not one such method.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
DDMTuning bulbs are fine, but nothing spectacular. I ran them for years on my old 6 with no issues, but I also ran into a handful of people who had issues with them (mind you, this was with the ballasts for HID bulbs, not Halogen).

I haven't been in the Halogen world in long enough (I just go LED or HID instead) to tell you what's best though, so here's someone else's opinion: https://bestheadlightbulbs.com/best-halogen-headlight-bulbs/

Personally, I stay away from Silvania because I've never had luck with their products in the past, but they seem to be rated fairly high.
Thanks!! I've heard that about the DDM hid ballasts as well and that's 1 reason I don't visit the site too often. Sylvania was out of the question for sure lol. I didn't like them before I switched to pnp hid and wasn't going to put them into the build lol.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
See, I just now learned that DDMtuning is only house brand. That's good to know to clear any confusion for anyone else that may not have known.

I dont know how you didnt, but ok, fair enough.

DDMTuning bulbs are fine, but nothing spectacular.

Dont need to be "spectacular", but they do exactly whats needed and the colors match really well. Im not sure theres a bulb thats like "ZOMG, itz teh BEZT!!!" lol.

@TalonTsi90, while we value your expert opinion on many things on this forum, your responses lately have been more than just blunt and I'd ask that you please be mindful of everyone on here at all times. Insinuating that someone doesn't know how to speak their own language is not one such method.

Dude, i type exactly how i talk and people dont have a problem in person. If im asked a "yes or no" question, a "yes or no" answer is what youll get. Not a dissertation on why i answered "yes or no" if the question doesnt include a "please explain why" with it. (shrug)

·
Super Moderator
16,842 Posts
Dude, i type exactly how i talk and people dont have a problem in person. If im asked a "yes or no" question, a "yes or no" answer is what youll get. Not a dissertation on why i answered "yes or no" if the question doesnt include a "please explain why" with it. (shrug)
I understand and that's why I'm trying to be respectful about it. Just letting you know that I read way more than I probably should on here and a good handful of your comments come off as brash more-so than helpful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts