Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering since very few 3rd generation Mazdas have them on their trunks.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I would love to have one... but there's a bit complicated to remove the old in order to apply it on the trunk since they're "pinned", no?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Since you asked, I hate them, haha. They look like cartoon kitty cat ears, or the leaves of a piece of flower clipart. Mazda has a nice logo and I've never understood why people prefer cartoon car ears over it. To each their own, though!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to have one... but there's a bit complicated to remove the old in order to apply it on the trunk since they're "pinned", no?

Guess I'm going to be the guinea pig then lol I'm going to do this soon! Will report back with a detailed breakdown of the process and result :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you asked, I hate them, haha. They look like cartoon kitty cat ears, or the leaves of a piece of flower clipart. Mazda has a nice logo and I've never understood why people prefer cartoon car ears over it. To each their own, though!

Haha, for some reason I've always had a fascination with them!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would consider one if it were satin black. I'm not sure where the badge holes are... at 3:00 and 9:00 or in another location. Their location figures-in to how to proceed... Whatever you do - make sure said replacement badge is contoured to match the body contours... OR.. take a new Mazda-supplied badge, attempt to roughen-up the metalizing/chrome (for reasons of paint adhesion), cut it down and taper the ends, and then prime and paint it and accurately cut out double-sided mounting tape...

·
Registered
786 Posts
I would consider one if it were satin black. I'm not sure where the badge holes are... at 3:00 and 9:00 or in another location. Their location figures-in to how to proceed... Whatever you do - make sure said replacement badge is contoured to match the body contours... OR.. take a new Mazda-supplied badge, attempt to roughen-up the metalizing/chrome (for reasons of paint adhesion), cut it down and taper the ends, and then prime and paint it and accurately cut out double-sided mounting tape...
Plasti-Dip, or flat engine enamel and you wont have to prime anything. They come with the tape if you buy them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: I will be doing this install on Saturday and of course filming a video to post on my channel of the whole before, installation and after!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there any worry re the use of Goo Gone, in terms of damage to the clearcoat or the paint?

The badge comes with double sided 3m tape to secure the new badge we'll see how it works soon.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Evil M and Satin Black. Both things yall hate.

There are 2 pins with screws. You have to remove the lid liner, take off the screws, then release the old emblem with the old tape. Clean it up, tape the new Evil M, center it and apply.

Its not that difficult.

The front is just some spare flat black vinyl wrap I had laying around. The front is a 10 footer and only looks decent in pics. I have MRCC in my GT and wanted to maintain the functionality.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Evil M and Satin Black. Both things yall hate.

There are 2 pins with screws. You have to remove the lid liner, take off the screws, then release the old emblem with the old tape. Clean it up, tape the new Evil M, center it and apply.

Its not that difficult.

The front is just some spare flat black vinyl wrap I had laying around. The front is a 10 footer and only looks decent in pics. I have MRCC in my GT and wanted to maintain the functionality.

Looks good, I really dig the front lip and the rear spoiler! Is the rear spoiler from factory?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks good, I really dig the front lip and the rear spoiler! Is the rear spoiler from factory?
Rear lip is factory. Standard on GT's, optional on other trims.

From lip is ebay via China.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 29 Posts