Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get satilite radio and wondering what my options are?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've got an XM roady wired directly to the OEM HU through the AudioLink-USB. it works great, and allows me to listen to mp3s as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Go to the dealership and get it installed.. The deck is ready for it just needs the hook ups for it.. I believe it is Sirius..

2. Wait a for a few more months and go to an aftermarket stereo place and get it installed.. 1/2 the price of the dealership but they still waiting on the parts to do it.. This would also be Sirius..
[/b]

Are aftermarket stereo places going to start selling the sirius modulator for the 6s? I really want that nice little 'SAT' button on my dash to work...but don't want to pay the tons of money at the dealership to get it.

Also, has anyone tried any of the universal modulators that you can buy at several different places (i.e. Walmart, Crutchfield, etc.)? It would be awesome if one of those would work. The Mazda one probably has a different type of connection...but it's a thought...

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK here it is I just had an XM Radio installed in my car, they did not inform me of the different methods of listening I had to find that out through well here and others. They installed so that using the FM Modulator it doesnt sound much better than AM Radio, actually its crap for the most part if you are tuned into a sation that has a strong FM signal as well it screws up the whole thing and well its a royal pain in the ass to try and fix it while driving. Here is what I want to know, is there any way to have the XM not Sirius wired directly into my stereo? Can they plug it in so that I can get a lot better sound?

·
Registered
428 Posts
You can listen to anything you want with an Auxmod. Trying searching on the board for more info. It hard wires to the back of your factory radio. Since I don't have a tape deck, I have it plugged into there. Nice factory look & sound.

·
Registered
461 Posts
As far as players go I have a Sirius s50 and it is sweet. Nice to have the option to record live radio and listen to it at later times on your headphones or even at home on your stereo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Girl bought me the Sirius originally until I found out they wont have hockey next season, as 2007/08 XM will be the exclusive sound of the NHL. So then I looked at what the players had as options. Sirius Sportster had the record, pause and rewind live music you can also take it and put it into a portable player at home in a boom box and in the boat. However XM has the same options in one of their players so now I am just talking on and on I just wanted Hockey.

WHERE can I get the AuxMod is it a kit or just a cable?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed the AuxMod Basic from Syflex in my MPS6 and it works great. Sound quality and volume are much better than FM radio. There are good instructions on the installation in their website, as it is just a PC board with a ministereo jack. You have to take apart your center consule to get to the back of your receiver. I bought the Sirius Starmate for about $80 and ran the antenna to the farthest point in the back window. Reception is just fine, and I don't have any cut-outs unless I go under something. I also added a couple power jacks, one for my radar detector and one for the Sirius. Here are a couple pics:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
bmpopp
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing