Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What annoys you about your Mazdaspeed6?

Missing features, misfeatures, design flaws, etc..

·
Registered
413 Posts

[/b]
Oh god . .another one of these threads. Why don't you read "Mazda 6 Must Read !!!!!!" or one of the other whining posts from the past few days? You'll find a couple day's worth of complaints.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Oh god . .another one of these threads. Why don't you read "Mazda 6 Must Read !!!!!!" or one of the other whining posts from the past few days? You'll find a couple day's worth of complaints.
[/b]
your gona have to forgive scott...he's had a bug up his butt for the past few days but he is right, theres a couple recent (last 3 or 4 days) threads that have people's lists of complaints with the car your best bet is to read the last page or 2 of threads and if that doesnt work then there is always the almighty :search:

·
Registered
403 Posts

[/b]
My only significant complaint: loss of value due to deep discounting. And I don't even want to discuss the reasons why. Because limiting my perspective to my own personal experience, everthing else is nitpicking compared to the driving enjoyment I've gotten out of the car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The present loss in value through disounting is a negative, matched only by the fact that the car will be produced for at least one more year, saturating the market further.

They were giving away MS Proteges a few years ago and those cars are now worth more than some people paid at the lot. With a second year of the Speed6, we'll have to wait that much longer for the demand to catch up with the supply in the used market. That said, I bougth it to drive, not as an investment.

The car itself has few flaws for the area of the market it occupies.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your gona have to forgive scott...he's had a bug up his butt for the past few days but he is right, theres a couple recent (last 3 or 4 days) threads that have people's lists of complaints with the car your best bet is to read the last page or 2 of threads and if that doesnt work then there is always the almighty :search:
[/b]
those threads were not specific to the speed6. unless you are implying that the japanese-built mazdaspeed6 shares all the exact same problems as the usa-built non-speed6...? :huh:

i was looking for speed6-specific problems.

·
Registered
566 Posts
ACtually, they were specific to the Speed6 and were in this "Mazda Speed" forum. The longest is the "Must Read" thread which you can still see below. Created a lot of angst, so probably not a good idea to repeat it...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ACtually, they were specific to the Speed6 and were in this "Mazda Speed" forum. The longest is the "Must Read" thread which you can still see below. Created a lot of angst, so probably not a good idea to repeat it...
[/b]
yes i read that thread, it didnt have a single useful piece of information in it -- it was just a bunch of losers waving their penises about.

i was hoping for an informative thread, but i guess that's impossible in this forum :p

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wanna know what annoys me? NOTHING! :love:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for me the AC is a bit wimpy and the car is an understeering mofo...

and those faux-exhausts... ugh

very nice otherwise :D

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
yes i read that thread, it didnt have a single useful piece of information in it -- it was just a bunch of losers waving their penises about.[/b]
Ha, that's pretty funny. It's strange that you would not find it informative though since it was called a "Must Read !!!!!!!". hmmmmm . . . .

·
Registered
403 Posts
yes i read that thread, it didnt have a single useful piece of information in it -- it was just a bunch of losers waving their penises about.

i was hoping for an informative thread, but i guess that's impossible in this forum :p
[/b]
Your new to this but the rest of have been bitching/raving about the MS6 for many months. We're pretty tired of it, so don't blame us if we don't respond in detail. This is an excellent forum for info on the MS6.

·
Registered
440 Posts

[/b]

3 are serious shortcomings, (clutch powerloss, tires) most are annoyances, but......

1. Clutch = on off switch some of the worst linearity in clutch travel I've ever had the displeasure of using.

2. Powerloss/need of reflash/questionable reflash. I've had power loss, but until I can 100% confirm reflash does not take away power I'm holding off.

3. Too small tires/inability to fit much bigger. I can easily push these tires beyond their abilities.

4. Non friendly accessable rear seat fold down. For cripes sakes, it's there, why the hell didn't they just put the release handles in?

5. Seatbelt chime.

6. Top end power, it's a bit dissappointing to have 6700 RPM available but find no power past 5800.

7. Body roll. I would've hoped for more control over roll in this car.

8. Console too close to right leg. My right leg is always against the center console and it bugs me.

9. Stupid fake oval exhaust tips, they get all carboned up and are a PITA to clean.

10. Subwoofer that makes ZERO sub bass/tweeters that have no highs.

11. A poor TMIC design that when I idle in traffic power gets weak until I get out and get some air over it.

12. Floor mats that seem to repel water, so my shoes then stay wet and slip off the pedals.

13. Weak tuner, probably that stupid antenna's fault.

14. HID's that dont have very much brightness.

15. A turn signal chime that is too quiet.

16. Lack of power thigh/lumbar support in the seat.

17. Brake pads that dust the worst I've ever seen.

18. The excessive spoke design of the wheel, PITA to clean.

19. Lack of sport instrumentation, no boost, oil gauges.

·
Registered
710 Posts
God what a list. I had only one reason to get rid of my old 6. The clutch couldnt be repaired.

Well the seat chime annoyed me too. My honda has that crap feature too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
God what a list. I had only one reason to get rid of my old 6. The clutch couldnt be repaired.

Well the seat chime annoyed me too. My honda has that crap feature too.
[/b]
The seat belt chime is in every new car now. New federal law I believe

3 are serious shortcomings, (clutch powerloss, tires) most are annoyances, but......
1. Clutch = on off switch some of the worst linearity in clutch travel I've ever had the displeasure of using.

2. Powerloss/need of reflash/questionable reflash. I've had power loss, but until I can 100% confirm reflash does not take away power I'm holding off.

3. Too small tires/inability to fit much bigger. I can easily push these tires beyond their abilities.

4. Non friendly accessable rear seat fold down. For cripes sakes, it's there, why the hell didn't they just put the release handles in?

5. Seatbelt chime.

6. Top end power, it's a bit dissappointing to have 6700 RPM available but find no power past 5800.

7. Body roll. I would've hoped for more control over roll in this car.

8. Console too close to right leg. My right leg is always against the center console and it bugs me.

9. Stupid fake oval exhaust tips, they get all carboned up and are a PITA to clean.

10. Subwoofer that makes ZERO sub bass/tweeters that have no highs.

11. A poor TMIC design that when I idle in traffic power gets weak until I get out and get some air over it.

12. Floor mats that seem to repel water, so my shoes then stay wet and slip off the pedals.

13. Weak tuner, probably that stupid antenna's fault.

14. HID's that dont have very much brightness.

15. A turn signal chime that is too quiet.

16. Lack of power thigh/lumbar support in the seat.

17. Brake pads that dust the worst I've ever seen.

18. The excessive spoke design of the wheel, PITA to clean.

19. Lack of sport instrumentation, no boost, oil gauges.
[/b]
Did you test drive the car? or do any research? Nearly all those complaints are from features that you could have seen before you bought the car.

·
Registered
403 Posts

3. .... Blah, blah, blah.

[/b]
Maybe you guys can just PM each other.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts