Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What accessories would you or should you purchase with your Mazda6. I'm not talking about options like sports package, AT or leather but things like floor mats and fog lights. My thoughts are as follows:

All Weather Floor Mats:
-I'm right in the middle of the 'SLUSH ZONE'. Every car I've had with cloth floor mats begin to smell like I've got a trunk load of sweaty gym socks about this time of year with all of the wet slush that gets tracked into the car. What are the Mazda6 'All Weather Floor Mats' like. Do they work better than the typical cloth ones?

Fog Lights
-I agree that the fog lights located in the lower valence look good but my experience with previous vehicles (2000 Saab 93 and 1990 Toyota Celica) is that the fog lights lower down just get broken by stones, ice, snow, etc.. Anybody else have similar thoughts?

Mask
-I like the idea of the mask to protect from stone chips but I hear that they get wet and moldy and can give your paint a 'tan line' over time.

Bug Deflector
-I hear that this actually works better than mask at protecting the front of the car from stone chips and that the holes for it are actually pre-drilled underneath the hood. Is that true?

Wheel Locks
-My dealer tells me not to bother with wheel locks. He says that they have a problem with the locks breaking, especially in cold weather

Cargo Organizer
-It looks like this think could do a good job stopping all of the junk from rolling around in the back of the car.

Comments, thoughts, other accessories you can't live without?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'What Accessories are worthwhile?'

Next will be the Cargo Organizer and all weather mats. Damn snow at my feet and stuff rolling around in the trunk.
I think the mask looks real nice on the 6, saw one installed at the dealer. Bug deflector....hmmm will have to see one first. Other than that, I'm very happy with my 6. Thousand miles in one week.... can't seem to keep myself out of it .

·
Registered
878 Posts

One more thing....Do you think the yellow that Ronald McDonald is wearing looks like the yellow on the 6 ? :sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: What Accessories are worthwhile?

Fog Lights
Yes the tend to sit in a dangerous area. Not worth the money, thou I agree that they look nice.

All Weather Floor Mats:
All normal cars have those as standard in Sweden, and I couldn't imagine a car in our climat without them. If it is the same product as we have here it just a rubber matt with cross-pattern borders, to keep water from coming in contact with the floor. Also keeps gravel and such in place. Works great.

Mask
Bug Deflector
Looks really really bad I think. Why have a mask that looks twise as bad as a stone chip? That thing with the tan line sounds scary as well. But if you have fast but "stony" roads then why not... The bug part is strange thoug... You still get them on the windscreen and hood, so why is it so bad to get them on the front bumper? What is the difference between the two?

Wheel Locks
If they break there no good. And I don't think anyone steals Mazda OEM rims... And Toronto is a cold place so I'd loose them

Cargo Organizer
Sounds nice! I suppose it's some kind of net system or is it just "dividers"? Should be worth the money.

About McD :D - Yes it looks like the same colour, but are you sure you want to make a connection between that psycho and the 6? :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

The front mask or "Bra" can cause more than "Tan" lines. Just think of all the dirt that gets caught up under it over time. Now picture the mask slightly vibrating as you drive at speed. Works just like sandpaper. Masks are what you put on the front after it is all chipped up and you are waiting to gather enough cash to get it repainted.

OEM wheel locks are a waste. Numerious accounts of them spliting.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Low fogs do get subjected to stone chips etc but they work really well on our dark isolated roads. They are reasonably well protected compared to others i've had but yep they will break. I still LUV THEM & they do look good

metal Scuff plates waste of money which I didnt get them

cargo organiser is excellent get it if you regularly have stuff back there

wheel locks - Nup Mazda original wheels really not "desirable" enough

we dont have a slush problem here so I just got the fitted carpet mats - the connection lug broke the first time I took them out but the dealer replaced under it warranty - a very cheap & nasty system

bonnet protector & slim line weather shields DO help with deflecting stones on our awful unsealed roads especially passing trucks which throw them up at all odd angles

·
Registered
391 Posts

I wouldn't take the Cargo organizer because you have to install the cargo tray before (too much $$$). I would put a Cargo net instead.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Originally posted by meat6

One more thing....Do you think the yellow that Ronald McDonald is wearing looks like the yellow on the 6 ?  :sarc[/b]
Put Ronald McDonald in front of a yellow 6 and you'll see...but you have to post pictures :D

·
Registered
878 Posts

About McD  - Yes it looks like the same colour, but are you sure you want to make a connection between that psycho and the 6?  [/b]
Ronald or me ? hmmm

He's smiling because his 6 is parked in front of him......:love

·
Registered
526 Posts

The only thing on the list I wouldn't want to do with out is the cargo tray/net or organizer. I had a tray in my Stratus and it was fantastic. No worries about dirty or wet cargo staining the carpet. Plus, stuff didn't slide around as much. Cleaning it was a breeze.

When I sold the car, I had the tray out and didn't need to vacuum. It looked as if it had never carried anything and I had USED that trunk for all kinds of nasty stuff. Not cheap, but worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts