Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One every picture I see of the Atenza that comes from a Japanese or American site, all the Atenza's have different bumpers and grille.

Our Atenza's (6) have the same bumper as that blue sedan. But how is that in America? Does all Atenza's have those bumpers like the Sport en SportBreak or..?

Tell me!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'What about that bumper?'

Originally posted by MattFast

One every picture I see of the Atenza that comes from a Japanese or American site, all the Atenza's have different bumpers and grille.  

Our Atenza's (6) have the same bumper as that blue sedan. But how is that in America? Does all Atenza's have those bumpers like the Sport en SportBreak or..?  

Tell me![/b]
Actually I think this has to do with packaging. The sport versions come with a body kit (and those have to painted grilles); standard version don't.

However, as you pointed out, there are also images out there which seem to lack a complete bodykit, and does not have that painted grill - but still seem to have a sportier bumper...

This may be different on different markets also, but I'm not so sure about that...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

A lot of the confusion comes from the pictures available on the web. Many if not most of these are preproduction test mules that were probably used to test various body kits, as well as suspension settings etc. I think most of the look will be pretty standard across the various versions, but who knows? Since they cater to different markets and they are manufactured in different plants, we may get different bumpers. Heck we already get different taillights.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

A lot of the confusion comes from the pictures available on the web.  Many if not most of these are preproduction test mules that were probably used to test various body kits, as well as suspension settings etc.  I think most of the look will be pretty standard across the various versions, but who knows?  Since they cater to different markets and they are manufactured in different plants, we may get different bumpers.  Heck we already get different taillights.[/b]
Yes, many of the "old" pics are preproduction cars. We must remember that it wasn't until early this year that the serial production began. And many pics are older than that.

/Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

OKey, thanks 4 explaining. Do you also know something about those red taillights? Is that also what you were talking about; about preproduction stuff?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

OKey, thanks 4 explaining. Do you also know something about those red taillights? Is that also what you were talking about; about preproduction stuff?[/b]
Some of the early pics from the shows showed us a very red taillight. More recent pics of the red taillight shows that they are not quite as red. So it may also have been preproduction stuff.

Anyway, I still like the clear lenses better... glad those will be on my 6.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Anyway, I still like the clear lenses better... glad those will be on my 6.[/b]
I can't agree with you more :)

Today there was a Mazda6 Sport in our street. In grey (like the sedan on the pic) only then with 16" wheels. Offcourse I pulled my mom to the 6 and she liked it very much :D But those taillights.... she found them a bit too much.

So I said; you can always buy those darker lights (offcourse she won't do that). But if we buy a 6 it probably will be a silver one (like on the pic at my avater). And the tallights are less "flashing" with a silver body.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

But if we buy a 6 it probably will be a silver one (like on the pic at my avater). And the tallights are less "flashing" with a silver body.[/b]
The silver one in your picture is EXACTLY the car I've ordered... :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, MattFast, your Avatar is the same pic as I use as my desktop's wallpaper!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The silver one in your picture is EXACTLY the car I've ordered...[/b]
Nice, very nice! :D Shoot pics when you've got your 6, huh!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The silver one in your picture is EXACTLY the car I've ordered...[/b]
Nice, very nice! :D Shoot pics when you've got your 6, huh![/b][/quote]

I promise. But it won't be until October. Early or late October, I don't know...<sigh>

·
Registered
305 Posts

On the Japanese site, they let you completely customize every element of the interior and exterior. You can actually order one with the grill-style of the center car, but with the body kit. (Which is what I'd want...) Wish we had such options in the USA!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by DennyA

On the Japanese site, they let you completely customize every element of the interior and exterior. You can actually order one with the grill-style of the center car, but with the body kit. (Which is what I'd want...) Wish we had such options in the USA![/b]
I know. Their site is cool. I wish that it was that easy to put together the car here also, but no. The dealer had a list of available cars. When I picked body, color and equipment level, he looked at the list and said "this car will be yours, it will arrive here in october..."

<g>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts