Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was minding my own business, highway busy but not insane, passing a semi, not even close to car ahead of me. Suddenly saw something twirling in a big arch toward me, braked but not too hard as feared traffic behind me, could not move left due to concrete barrier on multi lane highway, could not go right due to semi truck. Bam - pipe hit window, so hard that highway transponder blew off the velcro and hit my shoulder, making me think for just a second that pipe came right through the window. Storage bin on the headliner also flew open, which I latter realized was because pipe bounced off window and dented roof right above the headliner. Took the next exit, got out of car and cursed some ass who had an insecure load on that highway. Suppose it could have been a piece of exhaust - whatever. :swearin:

Hit so hard that homelink mirror case popped open - when I got home realized garage opener switch was loose - but it is OK after snapping case back together.

Must have been kicked up by truck tire, or perhaps jammed between dual tires on the truck waiting for a chance to cut loose and wreck someones day. Have attached three pics so you can feel my pain. New window, pull dent, and paint the roof - insurance company treating me well, but must pay deductible for comprehensive claim, and must look at this for about a week.

Moral of the story? There is none, other than life can throw you crap - just thought I'd share and vent :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
damn that sucks i probably would have shit myself, what a freak accident that sucks sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Did you happen to see where it came from? Like what vehicle? IF so then the smartest thing to do woul dbe to either follow and flag the person down or get their license plate number. Since it would be there responsablility to fix it.

But I am assuming you was unable to see where it came from or anything. So atleast your insurance will fix it all no problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Damn that sucks, I had sort of the same thing happen with me in my old car, except it was a two by four that flew off of the roof of a car in front of me. Like you had no where to go, cement wall to the left and a semi to the right so just braced for it and heard it smack. Got out and the dent in the hood was 4" from the windshield right in front of me!! Any higher and probably would have come right in at me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts