1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
998 Posts
and on that note who wants to buy my turbo kit? All you need is tuning............

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
its not a supercharger...weird. plus he has a built engine, i thought that this would be talking about a supercharger on stock internals.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What CR is his pistons?
[/b]
8.5 to 9.0:1 I believe, I will verify later when I have more time.

His problem is he is doing tunes by mail, he is telling ADC what he is running and they flash and mail a chip out to him, no actual dyno tuning. All he really had was the Apexi to help control AFR.

Regardless, running that low of compression pistons (I am guessing, Diamond offered several 8.5-9.0 and 12.5 if memory serves) and getting those kind of results is still awesome. Of course the T3/T4 .60 trim was the same turbo that sent suneil's 2.5L Contour to 400.1 FWHP on 18 PSI.

As I see it, the only real advantage he has over our motors is having the heads ported and polished and the like by kinger (PnPHeads). With proper tuning, any compression ratio, even high, can be worked around on a forced induction application. Our factory sinter forged rods do not require replacement, they hold up well in the Aston Martin Duratec V12. The internals themselves are safe up to 8,000 RPM, it's the factory bearings that have a problem, especially the rod bearings (Clevite 77 Tri-Metals solve this).

·
Registered
998 Posts
How has it been running?
[/b]
It runs fine at 4psi, pulls ok but when the potential is there it just makes you want to turn up the boost. haha there are a few tuning options out there, I just don't have as much time as I'd like to invest in this project any more. PM me if you want details.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
It runs fine at 4psi, pulls ok but when the potential is there it just makes you want to turn up the boost. haha there are a few tuning options out there, I just don't have as much time as I'd like to invest in this project any more. PM me if you want details.
[/b]
I'd love to have it and play with it but I don't have enough money to buy the kit off you, let alone the tranny upgrades I would need to get.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd love to have it and play with it but I don't have enough money to buy the kit off you, let alone the tranny upgrades I would need to get.
[/b]

How much ya got? haha PM me.........

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I really think that the only thing holding the Mazda 3.0 back is the intake cam...

The 6 exhaust cam is the cam he used on his motor, and it has been the best so far for forced induction...

We also have not seen a built turbocharged 3.0 VVT car yet either...

BTW, you want to talk about a sweet car, I got to ride in Kinger's old car at Cougarfest a few years back.... wowsers...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Wiggum
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing