Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2005 Mazda 6 and the rough idling has been going on for about a month. I’ve been waiting for my oil change and finally my spark plugs just got changed. But here’s the thing...... the other night my friend needed jumped so I agreed. When I started my car it was not normal at all! In fact it sounded like a diesel! So then my friend hooks up to my battery and naturally she hooked them up wrong and there was some sparks then it stopped and when she disconnected the cables it sparked again. I’m losing a lot of oil and have been. Well I parked my car and turned it off. The next day it wouldn’t start! It turns over and has power throughout the car, but it doesn’t start! The sound is consistent and hollow sounding and when I give it gas it doesn’t change in sound at all. Someone suggested the monster fuse???? What’s that? Then it’s suggested timing belt, starter, alternator, someone even suggested that I fried my computer!!! Help me please! Nothing like 2 broken vehicles and some bad luck🙄😳

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I have a 2005 Mazda 6 and the rough idling has been going on for about a month. I’ve been waiting for my oil change and finally my spark plugs just got changed. But here’s the thing...... the other night my friend needed jumped so I agreed. When I started my car it was not normal at all! In fact it sounded like a diesel! So then my friend hooks up to my battery and naturally she hooked them up wrong and there was some sparks then it stopped and when she disconnected the cables it sparked again. I’m losing a lot of oil and have been. Well I parked my car and turned it off. The next day it wouldn’t start! It turns over and has power throughout the car, but it doesn’t start! The sound is consistent and hollow sounding and when I give it gas it doesn’t change in sound at all. Someone suggested the monster fuse???? What’s that? Then it’s suggested timing belt, starter, alternator, someone even suggested that I fried my computer!!! Help me please! Nothing like 2 broken vehicles and some bad luck🙄😳

·
Registered
658 Posts
You mentioned that you have been losing a lot of oil, that might explain why the car sounded like a diesel.

You also mentioned that you, or your friend, connected the terminals in reverse. That might have caused some blown fuses and so your car won't start anymore.

Let's wait for the others to give their expert opinions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took the battery in to orielys to have it tested and it’s no good now. They said that I should get my alternator checked too. I’ve also had mentioned to me the starter and the main computer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mentioned that you have been losing a lot of oil, that might explain why the car sounded like a diesel.

You also mentioned that you, or your friend, connected the terminals in reverse. That might have caused some blown fuses and so your car won't start anymore.

Let's wait for the others to give their expert opinions.
Someone has suggested the injectors May be cracked???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S
omeone has recently suggested the injectors May be cracked????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts