Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted for zzzzoom6

Ever since I read about some of the problems people were having with the seat material in our cars, I started looking for a solution that looked good and wouldn't compromise the safety of the car by making sure the airbags remained functional. Some people in our club had mentioned that they had bought covers by a company called Wet Okole and that they liked them a lot. After looking at the different options available, their covers offered a custom fit designed for our specific car that was durable, easy to care for, and are relatively easy to install.

I have heard that many have found their dealers not being very helpful and even if they did do something, they only replaced the old material with the same crappy material which makes me think that it'll happen again. A more permanent solution was necessary if I wanted my seats to not cheapen the look of my car.

Personally, I'm always looking for a deal. Seeing some of the other group buys gave me the idea that maybe these guys would want to participate. Luckily, they agreed. We have til April 25th, 2006 to buy 5 sets (front or rear or both = 1 set) to get this special pricing. This offer is not limited to Mazda 6's; if anyone wants to buy Wet Okole's custom covers they can take advantage of our group buy as long as Wet Okole makes seats for their specific model (check website for makes and models that they make at the wet okole website). I am in no way affiliated with Wet Okole nor am I being paid by them, but I know that we, as a group, have more buying power than just as a single buyer.

Why Wet Okole - Why Neoprene

Tight Fit - The elastic properties of neoprene combined with covers that were fitted for our specific seats to ensure a glove-tight fit that won't bunch up and will keep you in place when you are cornering hard.
More Comfortable - Unlike other materials, neoprene does not trap heat or cold making the seats more comfortable to sit in. And your skin won't stick to this material if you're wearing shorts. Nor will this material be as rough as our stock fabric.
Easy to maintain - Wet Okole's exclusive use of a nylon laminated neoprene material offers the ultimate protection for your seats by providing excellent resistance to water and everyday dirt. When cleaning becomes necessary, since the material is waterproof, there is no need to take the seats off; just use neoprene-safe cleaners and wipe them off. And in extreme circumstances, the seats are repairable for $15 per panel. But the seats are extremely tough; I saw a salesperson try to slice the point of a paperclip through the material but it did not rip.
Customize with Color - There are over 200 color combinations to choose from! If you want samples of the material before the group buy ends, call now to get them in time. If you don't read this in time, PM me, and I will go to a store that has samples of this material and I can take a picture for you.
Side Curtain Airbag Safe - Unlike most off-the-shelf covers, these covers, when ordered correctly, come with cut outs on the front seats that allow the side airbags to deploy in case they are needed to protect you from harm.

Group Buy Pricing

Front Seats including center arm rest cover (option "A" on wet okole order form)
Regular retail for standard seats = $239 + shipping

Group Buy Pricing = $ 200 + shipping
SAVE $ 39

Rear Seats (option "M" on wet okole order form)
Regular retail for standard seats = $259 + shipping

Group Buy Pricing = $ 200 + shipping
SAVE $ 59

As you can see, if we meet the group buy sales quantity, we can save almost $100 if you decide to order for both front and rear seats!

Options
Mazda Logo's (including mazdaspeed logo pictured above) = $ 39 for front or rear seats
Full Piping (see mazdaspeed logo seats - all panels the same color w/ colored accent around panels) = $ 40 for front or rear seats
Half Piping (outside panels black, your choice of color for inside panels and piping accents) = $ 30 for front or rear seats
Seat Pockets on back of front seats = $ 10 per seat (both fronts = $20)

Shipping
figure about $20 for fronts, $28 for fronts and rears for the lower 48 states - if you live outside these states, contact me and i will make an inquiry.
expected delivery time is 3 weeks

How To Order
If you want to take advantage of this offer, please post on this thread what you plan on ordering (front, back or both) or send me a PM (zzzzoom6). If we get enough orders, you will have between April 21st and April 25th to place the order online. Wet Okole web site
You can pay using most credit cards or by money order.

Whether you want to cover your seats that are showing their age a bit too soon or you want to give your interior a new look, Wet Okole makes a long lasting and taylor made seat cover that keeps up with the athletic nature of our cars.

·
Registered
978 Posts
So far we have 3 buyers so we just need two more people to get this pricing; hope we make it!

Here's some mazda logos that you can add for $39...they don't have anything specific to the 6 except for the mazdaspeed logo that is on the first picture in the first post. I'm also attatching the half-piped orange colored seat that's a pretty damn good match to the blazing copper color of some 6's (although this is pictured in the mazda 3).

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looks good I will be purchasing soon.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Looks good I will be purchasing soon.
[/b]
Cool! just let me know if i should count yours in our GB total.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you live in the LA area, Wet Okole will install these seats for you for free! You have to call them and set up an appointment, but you can't beat the price. I've heard that the seats fit really tight so getting them on takes a bit of patience... I wish i lived closer to take advantage of this service! Hope some of you can get free installs so you can tell us how easy putting your seats on was :irate:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a set for my 2006 mazda 6 5 door and my wife's 2006 mazda 5. The only potential problem I can anticipate is actually installing them. I am not the most mechanically inclined, is this a difficult task? I live in the akron, oh area, does anyone know where I can bring them to have them installed?
Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
978 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a set for my 2006 mazda 6 5 door and my wife's 2006 mazda 5. The only potential problem I can anticipate is actually installing them. I am not the most mechanically inclined, is this a difficult task? I live in the akron, oh area, does anyone know where I can bring them to have them installed?
Thanks,
Andrew
[/b]
from what i've heard, it's not terribly hard to do; just takes a bit of effort and patience. i think it was brace (member of 6club) that said the hard part was getting the covers over the head rest because the cover is barely big enough to fit the headrest (which is how i'd like it; i don't want these to be loose like generic covers). so as long as you're willing to take your time you should be able to do it. i understand that the instructions are also specific to our vehicle so that should help. and in the end, i plan on posting some pics and how-to's in case others decide to get these after us. so you could always ask us... and by the way, my mechanical skills basically suck too which is one of the big reasons i'm getting these seats; they are ready made and the install doesn't look to be over my head.

now, i understand that the 06 seats changed from previous years models and since these seats are taylor made, i should call them and make sure that they have fitted these on an 06 (i'm pretty sure they have since they fitted the mazdaspeed 6 that's pictured on the first pic of this thread, but i'd rather double check).

also, are you planning on getting fronts and backs or just fronts for your cars? either way, if you decide to go through with this, we'll have qualified for the group buy!!!! sweetness!!! i'm still amazed at being able to get discounts by just getting a few people together and buying stuff...

·
Registered
9 Posts
from what i've heard, it's not terribly hard to do; just takes a bit of effort and patience. i think it was brace (member of 6club) that said the hard part was getting the covers over the head rest because the cover is barely big enough to fit the headrest (which is how i'd like it; i don't want these to be loose like generic covers). so as long as you're willing to take your time you should be able to do it. i understand that the instructions are also specific to our vehicle so that should help. and in the end, i plan on posting some pics and how-to's in case others decide to get these after us. so you could always ask us... and by the way, my mechanical skills basically suck too which is one of the big reasons i'm getting these seats; they are ready made and the install doesn't look to be over my head.

now, i understand that the 06 seats changed from previous years models and since these seats are taylor made, i should call them and make sure that they have fitted these on an 06 (i'm pretty sure they have since they fitted the mazdaspeed 6 that's pictured on the first pic of this thread, but i'd rather double check).

also, are you planning on getting fronts and backs or just fronts for your cars? either way, if you decide to go through with this, we'll have qualified for the group buy!!!! sweetness!!! i'm still amazed at being able to get discounts by just getting a few people together and buying stuff...
[/b]

I am interested in getting all 6 for my wife's car and the front and backs for mine. After looking at the price, I think I might reconsider. I can get leather for just a few hundred more. Mazda sells the seat covers for the 5 for $250. Thanks for the help but unless they can sell them for $250 a car (for all seats) I am going to have to wait.

·
Registered
978 Posts
ok, no prob. yeah, i know these covers aren't cheap by any stretch especially compared to $40 generic covers that i can pic up at wal-mart. but i've always found in my friends cars w/ these generic covers that they bunched up and just didn't fit well. not a look or feel i want for my car. i'm willing to pay more for something that is designed for my specific car that results in a tight, good looking fit.

and then the other thing was the use of the side air bags which are located in the front seats. the insurance institue for highway safety found that side airbags reduce the chance of death in side crashes by 45%(see link - side airbag protection), so there was no way i was going to have a cover that took away this protection. wet okole actually test their covers to make sure that the airbags can deploy safely rather than other seat cover manufacturers who just hope that their designs work.

i thought about the leather group buy also. i love the look of those covers! but the work that is involved that i saw the on the threads on 6club required more "involvement" than what i wanted to put into it. then there was the durablility issue. i think neoprene will be easier to care for and clean (if i have my younger cousins and pets along) than leather or fabric which years from now will pay off in the newer look of my car. then there's how they feel; when the weather is good, i wear shorts a lot and have never liked the sticky feel of leather on bare skin. and when it's cold, since i don't have seat warmers, sitting on leather feels like sitting on a seat made of ice. once it warms up its fine, but if i have a choice of materials that both look good, i'll choose the one that insulates me more from these extremes. and it costs less.

now i'm not married to these wet okole's. if there are other alternatives that are worth considering, i'm all for it. so to adeikun, those mazda covers you speak of, what material are those? and what does it require to get them on? if it's just replacement material like i think they are, i think i'll have simialar excessive wear problems like I do now in less than a year. so if you know of other covers worth considering, i would be grateful to know what they are.

thanks, mike

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I had these in my Toyota, my Honda, and now in my Nissan Pathfinder. My 6 is leather, and I don't plan on sitting on the leather seats after a day at the beach.
But, yeah! These are great seat covers for those with cloth seats, or looking to put some protection on your leather seats. After a fresh water shower, to rinse off the ocean water, I jump right on into my Pathfinder, without a worry.
Installing them isn't a problem! I'm sure anyone who has done a few mods to their 6, will be able to install these covers.
It's kinda neet to see a Hawaii based company make it on our clubs GB.

---Aloha

PS~ Does everyone know what an okole is? ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Okole means Ass/Butt in Hawaiian :p
[/b]
No way! Wet Ass Seat Covers?!?! Memorable, but still an interesting marketing choice though....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had these in my Toyota, my Honda, and now in my Nissan Pathfinder. My 6 is leather, and I don't plan on sitting on the leather seats after a day at the beach.
But, yeah! These are great seat covers for those with cloth seats, or looking to put some protection on your leather seats. After a fresh water shower, to rinse off the ocean water, I jump right on into my Pathfinder, without a worry.
Installing them isn't a problem! I'm sure anyone who has done a few mods to their 6, will be able to install these covers.
It's kinda neet to see a Hawaii based company make it on our clubs GB.

---Aloha
PS~ Does everyone know what an okole is? ;)
[/b]
Hi,
If you have had these before, are they waterproof? How easy is it to clean dog hair off of them? Are they pretty durable?
Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok, no prob. yeah, i know these covers aren't cheap by any stretch especially compared to $40 generic covers that i can pic up at wal-mart. but i've always found in my friends cars w/ these generic covers that they bunched up and just didn't fit well. not a look or feel i want for my car. i'm willing to pay more for something that is designed for my specific car that results in a tight, good looking fit.

and then the other thing was the use of the side air bags which are located in the front seats. the insurance institue for highway safety found that side airbags reduce the chance of death in side crashes by 45%(see link - side airbag protection), so there was no way i was going to have a cover that took away this protection. wet okole actually test their covers to make sure that the airbags can deploy safely rather than other seat cover manufacturers who just hope that their designs work.

i thought about the leather group buy also. i love the look of those covers! but the work that is involved that i saw the on the threads on 6club required more "involvement" than what i wanted to put into it. then there was the durablility issue. i think neoprene will be easier to care for and clean (if i have my younger cousins and pets along) than leather or fabric which years from now will pay off in the newer look of my car. then there's how they feel; when the weather is good, i wear shorts a lot and have never liked the sticky feel of leather on bare skin. and when it's cold, since i don't have seat warmers, sitting on leather feels like sitting on a seat made of ice. once it warms up its fine, but if i have a choice of materials that both look good, i'll choose the one that insulates me more from these extremes. and it costs less.

now i'm not married to these wet okole's. if there are other alternatives that are worth considering, i'm all for it. so to adeikun, those mazda covers you speak of, what material are those? and what does it require to get them on? if it's just replacement material like i think they are, i think i'll have simialar excessive wear problems like I do now in less than a year. so if you know of other covers worth considering, i would be grateful to know what they are.

thanks, mike
[/b]
The mazda covers I am tlaking about are for my wifes' mazda 5. I need to see if the local dealer has them so I can determine if they are worth getting.

·
Registered
978 Posts
adeikun,

hopefully you can get some pics too :) as to your question about dog hair, I'd have to think it would be a lot easier than the courdaroy material that my seats are covered with now, but I doubt it would be as easy to clean as leather since leather is a bit more slick.

got an inquiry as to how much shipping would be to canada, and after checking, it looks like it's $38 for front seats... and then there's the duty too. so not great news on that front. but i geuss this is what you guys have to deal with all the time. but at least you can get flu shots lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Count me in for this group buy for front seats! Being custom designed for our Mazda6 seats for a smooth, tight fit (as you can see from the attached picture originally from zzzzoom6)[attachmentid=11869], these covers will retain the sporty look of our interior, yet will still retain full use of the front seat airbags and the driver lumbar support lever (a big plus for both!).
Whether you:
1) live in a hot or cold climate...
2) want to protect & retain the "newness" of your cloth or leather seats...
3) cover up your existing "ratty" seats...
4) want a durable and easy-maintenance seat cover...
...these seat covers will do just the job, while giving you the opportunity to customize it's appearance (i.e. two-tone color, piping, seat logos, etc.)
So for all you undecided and fence-sitters, join in on an opportunity to get these at a discounted group buy price! Please post on this thread ASAP whether you are committed to join in (a minimum of 5 buyers), as we only have a window of opportunity between April 21st to April 25th in order to get this special group price! :yesnod:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
31 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing