.039 R/T
1.874 60 foot
5.82 330
9.128 1/8 mile
74.25 mph
11.96 1000 foot
14.33 1/4 mile
94.43 mph

I think I am having some issues because I was running MS109 (103 Motor Octane) pretty much straight in the tank. I even pulled the Battery cable to erase any fuel trims. The thing wouldn't have a chance to knock/detonate/powerloss with that high of an octane (at least that was my thinking). Any way I wish I had a few more runs to dial in the fuel trim, because it was really starting to come on after the 2nd run when I disconnected the battery. Up above was was that run.

On a side note though I did race a EVO and toasted him (the guy could not drive for shit though). I don't think he ran any better than a 14.9? all night

·
Registered
744 Posts
what rpm are you shifting at? it doesnt look too far off other peoples numbers. this your first time at the track?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Yo Matt. You wanna rematch? :D I tell you its that poor prep track up there. Come to the Atlanta drags Sept 8. I finally got a day off from work. YAY!! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
.414 R/T
1.821 60 foot
5.618 330
8.789 1/8 mile
77.30 mph
11.515 1000 foot
13.825 1/4 mile
99.74 mph

this is with watching my boost gauge and shifting around 5.7rpm
Had a CAI, and CP-E catback exhaust. MAZDASPEED6 GT Everything but NAV(the heavy one) with a GT you should run low 14's with a Sport you should run high 13's thats talkin stock. Cause it has been done

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES ATL I want a Rematch. I want your Title "Fastest Speed6 on the board".

Wiggum no I was not shifting to 5th, just ran it out through 4th. I cross the traps around 5500-5800rpms. I am trying to hit the shift points (rpm) but it's drag racing and the moment gets you and sometimes your off.

it's definitly down on MPH , but it could just be the heat and Humidity. I was "soaking wet" with sweat but the temperature was kind of cool. (it was about 85-87 degree's) The last run it was down to about 78. I have a GT w/sunroof so it is a little heavier than ATL sport model but I have tracked 97mph before (99 for ATL on the same run). So maybe I need to get it up on a Dyno to see what kind of numbers I am getting.

Vinnie I would think you would be faster (mph) with the CAI and the Catback setup? Or was this before the MOds?

·
Registered
795 Posts
ATL what was your best times at the track?????

your the fastest one here???? sounds nice

my best was 13.5 @ 102mph with a 1.71 on the 60'

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
ATL has the fastest stock speed6 time of 13.7. no cutout, no boost controller, no intake, just pure driving skill.

·
Registered
795 Posts
ATL has the fastest stock speed6 time of 13.7. no cutout, no boost controller, no intake, just pure driving skill.
[/b]
if thats the case then yeh your right , he is a driver :drive:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Your 60 FT is good, the issue as you said is the air, run in cool, dry fall weather and you'll easily pickup a few MPH and trim a few tenths off.

·
Registered
744 Posts
ya sounds like the weather. cant wait to see the numbers people put down in the fall

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Also, make sure DSC is off and the launch is good... your 60' is decent, but you far behind a 13 second pace by the 1/8th, which is where the speed is at its finest... ??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Also, make sure DSC is off and the launch is good... your 60' is decent, but you far behind a 13 second pace by the 1/8th, which is where the speed is at its finest... ??
[/b]
By the 330 mark he was already falling behind, bad air will kill the power.

A great run when there's a negative DA will probably put this car at a 13.5-13.6 dead bone stock is my guess.

We'll see waht happens in late fall, that's when I'm hitting the track.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yeah... could be a heat soaked IC...

I have been reading online lately about people with FMIC's and getting heat soak.... amazing...

I guess the only way to cure the problem completely is either a Water/Air setup (With ice in the resevior)... or a Intercooler Nitrous/CO2 setup...

But anything is better than out TMIC...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks to me like you gained 20mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 which is on par with what this car should be at. Your 1/8 mph is way slow, although your launch is good, maybe the shift points? The heat really kills times too.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time for another upgrade. If I had 2 more runs I bet I could be at like a 13.99. I have already run a 14.02 earlier in the season when it was cooler and I was only using 93 octane gas. Guess I will need to wait until it gets a little more cooler or even better when it is not so Humid.

·
Registered
201 Posts
All these ATL folks going to the Dragway on the 8th and I will be out of town.

We should plan a get together later this year. Sometime end of October, first of November. Right before they shut the track down for the Winter. Cooler temps.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts