Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a few problems with my install of the Hiboost kit, Juan has been very helpful with me I'm just tryin to figure it all out. This post is in no way a knock at him or his company, I'm just venting some frustrations. :)

Exhaust leak?

Intercooling piping from Turbo, sitting on driveshaft that can't be good can it?

Pretty close eh?

She'll be done one day, *sigh*

Venting done.

I'll size those down in a few minutes, I'm gonna get some food and btw the last picture thats my pops.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Go easy on Juan. It is VERY difficult to get exhaust parts to fit the way you want them to. Especially if your making them as a production item...the Mazda6 may have come off an assembly line but each car is unfortunately different.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, these things definitely require some adjustment, but you'll get there. And it's nice that your dad's helping out. :)

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go easy on Juan. It is VERY difficult to get exhaust parts to fit the way you want them to. Especially if your making them as a production item...the Mazda6 may have come off an assembly line but each car is unfortunately different.
[/b]

Go easy on Juan? Did you even read what I wrote first? Juan is a great guy and his company makes excellent products if it wasn't for him I'd be in worse shape. Once again this post wasn't to knock him just me venting and showing some difficulties I was having and hopefully maybe get some advice on how to get some of this adjusted right.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I read it. I guess I didn't mean it actually like go easy on him...more like, things like fitment issues are unavoidable. Calm down, don't vent on me dude.
[/b]
Yea my bad, you're right shouldn't be taking it out on you my apologies.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Did you think all the power is free?It will take sweat and tears, then you will be rewarded. I hope you hand me my ass to me in OC!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm just really not sure how I'm gonna be able to move that pipe that comes down off the turbo, off the driveshaft. That's the only way I could get it to line up with the turbo, and come through the side to connect to the pipe that goes to the IC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing I found that made it alot easier was to put all of the piping together loosely and it should give you alittle play.

I had alittle fitment issues with mine mostly because I'm the most pickiest person on the earth.

Juan is really great guy.

I'm sure it will come together.

Good luck.

Herb

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you. i dont have a jumbotron monitor.

interesting that there are a number of fitment issues, especially that exhaust leak.
[/b]

I bought it used from mcguinessman when he sold his, other then a few missing pieces I don't think that would cause any fitment issues. The only thing I can think of is both he and Mrtea have 2003 sedans while mine is a 2004 5-door.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Is there any play in the silicone piping to get the metal tube off the driveshaft? I sure would love to help install it. Sounds like fun. I need to get out of my shop...the headers are killing me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there any play in the silicone piping to get the metal tube off the driveshaft? I sure would love to help install it. Sounds like fun. I need to get out of my shop...the headers are killing me.
[/b]
Theres a little wiggle room, I'm tryin to see if I can get it far enough back to ziptie the pipe away from the driveshaft (thats what MrTea did). Hey if you wanna help install come on down, I mean MI isn't THAT far from MD :nana:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey B, still wanna race? :nana:
[/b]

LOL sure, I just need someone to push me LOL. :(

PS - Did you get CPE headers?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
12 Participants
Matt60158
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing