Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

been reading your site for some weeks now since i got my new mazda 6 MPS, which is what we call them in Australia. Unfortunately Mazda dealers here know very little about this car, and this community is my only source of info so far. The dealer can't tell me if the stock air filter in the MPS, is the same size as the other vehicles (because i wanted to replace with a high flow filter)... and have flatly said that a mazda brand cold air intake is not available.

So, that is why i am here... to mod as much as possible without voiding my warranty, and to learn from everyone else's experience.

From reading your posts a CAI is one of the first mods to undertake??? is that correct, have i missed anything? When installing a CAI, does that involve comlpletely removing the stock air box? The stock airbox has such a small inlet, i can't imagine how the engine get's any air at all.

Also, anyone from Australia (more specifically melbourne), know any tuning houses or someone that knows something about these cars... as i said, the dealer doesn't even know what boost this thing runs, or at what point the BOV holds boost to. So far i have found the boost to be quite variable.

cheers

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome. Congradulations on your new 6, you made a great choice. I'm also new to tuning the M6. It sounds like you have the MAZDASPEED6 as it is known in the US. Another great place to find out information about your car is here Wikipedia: MAZDA6/ATENZA
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts