1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
40 Posts
MagnaFlow is the best, awesome quality and of course awesome sound!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome and thanks for a nice product.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 34283. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great cat, sounds great, and very easy to install.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
QUOTE (HYPHY6 @ Oct 31 2009, 12:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1613225
quick question. are the V6 3.0L (#15802) CA smog-standards legal?[/b]
It is a cat-back...meaning it is installed after the catalytic converter. A cat-back is considered a carb-exempt part....so yes, it is smog legal

·
Registered
781 Posts
why does mine bang on the undbody at the y-pipe? i am not alone as many others are having this same issue with recent installs. its seems the hanger is in the wrong place or something on the pipe... mine bangs on a little flange. have a friend that had an exhaust shop move his hanger slightly so it sits better and no banging.....(his was an '05 v6)

is there a flaw in the newer magnaflows? mine is a '07 V6, and many others are as well...
is this install error? as there wasn't much room for error - line hanger up, attach, tighten...

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (jbinx @ Nov 11 2009, 08:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1615842
why does mine bang on the undbody at the y-pipe? i am not alone as many others are having this same issue with recent installs. its seems the hanger is in the wrong place or something on the pipe... mine bangs on a little flange. have a friend that had an exhaust shop move his hanger slightly so it sits better and no banging.....(his was an '05 v6)

is there a flaw in the newer magnaflows? mine is a '07 V6, and many others are as well...
is this install error? as there wasn't much room for error - line hanger up, attach, tighten...[/b]
When you're installing the cat-back you've got adjustments that need to be made to the piping in order to fit perfectly. If you were to get under the car and loosen the clamps you will be able to rotate the pipe slightly to get the proper clearance. I've installed hundreds of systems and it does take some finessing. We're a Master Distributor for MagnaFlow so please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We also offer forum discounts including free shipping to the lower 48. Happy holidays!

Kind regards,

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
QUOTE (jbinx @ Nov 11 2009, 10:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1615842

is this install error? as there wasn't much room for error - line hanger up, attach, tighten...[/b]
It's probably banging on the tow hook. Put a cork in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there any difference between the Magnaflow's for the 2006 Mazda 6 V6 and a 2008 Mazda 6 S V6? Really want to get some for my car but don't want to be buying the wrong parts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@Konen thats what i want to know. i got an 07 v6 so why wontthe 06 cat back fit? Do I need to take to a shop for some minor fabrication?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Installed a Magnaflow cat just a few weeks ago when I did my headers. Was honestly the only brand I seriously considered.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Hey, Magnaflow, I recently had your 2 1/2" catalytic converter # 94106 installed on my 06 Mazda 6 V6 3.0 litre. It is 1/4" bigger than stock. I also re-worked the area in front of the catalytic to 2 1/2" because the stock tubing was sharply bent and very restrictive. see pics in photo gallery. So far I am pleased. It drives better and more power. Thanks to your site suggesting 1/4" to 1/2" bigger is ok, and since it's only a 3.0 litre, I went 1/4" bigger. Now @ 189 hp @ wheels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts