Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeh i was going uphill and using the tiptronic mode ~~ as i was going in 3rd gear the car started to jerking back and forth

so i changed it back to D mode and it's okay on 1st and 2nd gear ~~ but once hit 3rd gear start doing that again so i parked aside

and wait alil then it was okay ~~ now it started to scared me i have only owned the car for a week sth and reading lots of those

trannies and engines fail topic here really worry me

anybody experiences the same stuff?

·
Registered
420 Posts
That does sound weird, how many KM's are on your car? If it is less than 100,000km and under 5years old there is the possibility that it could be covered by warranty. I will ask one my the mechanics tomarrow what it could be, but if you have any questions you can call Raju at 604-534-0181 he might be able to help or at least make an appointment to have it looked at, just make sure you tell him you are part of the 6club.

Art.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's 04 with 32000 click on it ~~

thx man i drove it the same route again with same mode nth happen this time

don't know wut's wrong

only difference is the feul leve ~~ i was pretty low on fuel when it happened ~~ could low fuel level cause that?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Im going out on a limb here, but it could be that your tank was almost empty and when you started climbing the hill the fuel wasn't getting sucked up by the fuel pump. I really don't know I havn't had that happen but it could seem plausible I guess...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
you can also get them to re-flash your computer to make sure you have the latest updates too. If you are really low on gas, then that could be the reason. Did you buy your car at a reputable dealership or privately? If you bought at like Mazda or something, you can bring it back and tell them about it so they have it on record, in case it happens again.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The transmission is a TSB (technical service bulletin) so it should be free and covered by warranty.

If you bought the car privatly there really isn't any action you can take aside from fixing it yourself. It's your car now, nobody else is going to fix itfor you, unless of course it's a warranty item. :)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The transmission is a TSB (technical service bulletin) so it should be free and covered by warranty.

If you bought the car privatly there really isn't any action you can take aside from fixing it yourself. It's your car now, nobody else is going to fix itfor you, unless of course it's a warranty item. :)[/b]
i thought warranties were transferrable??

anyways, i agree with your low gas theory.

by the way, don't be scared by all the things you read on these forums. % wize, i still think they are the odd cases. every car forum has lots of scary stories, don't like it get to you. every forum has more negative stories than positive stories...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Your transmission should still be under warranty. You can bring it in to the Mazda dealer you think you want to deal with and let them know you have the car first of all, so you'll start getting all the recalls on the car sent to you. Re-flashing your car is free if your car doesn't have the latest programming yet. It's on a TSB. Art works at Wolfe Langley so you can always go to him and he'll take good care of you. Morrey Mazda North Van is where I go cause I bought my car there. My car's in for a new clutch as I type this right now. We managed to work out a deal so I don't need to pay the full amount. So depending on where you live, or if you mind driving across town, then those are two service departments that have had good things posted about them. If you go to Morrey, just say you know me (Calvin). If you go to Wolfe, then ask for Raju and say you're from the Mazda6club forums and Art sent ya. Also, yeah, don't worry about the car, it should be fine. Most of the transmission problems come from the manual tranny (clutch). If it's an auto, then you don't need to worry cause it'll be under warranty for 5 yrs/100,000km if anything goes wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I have the same transmission as you? 5 spd v6?

Whenever I head down the mountain (downhill) I feel my car speeding up then it would slow down automatically with the RPM going up so it feels like the car is jerking back and forth. It would keep doing this and I don't even need to press any pedals which is kinda cool.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine does that (v6 6spd) but it doesn't "Jerk" just feels like a car gearing down. I use it as speed control, I always thought it was designed to do that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

If you bought the car privatly there really isn't any action you can take aside from fixing it yourself. It's your car now, nobody else is going to fix itfor you, unless of course it's a warranty item. :)[/b]

yeh i really like the car ~~ don't wanna see it go wrong ~~

just hope everything is good ~~

i thought warranties were transferrable??

anyways, i agree with your low gas theory.

by the way, don't be scared by all the things you read on these forums. % wize, i still think they are the odd cases. every car forum has lots of scary stories, don't like it get to you. every forum has more negative stories than positive stories...[/b]

i really hope it's odd case and won't happen on my car ~~ enjoy driving it so much ~~

Your transmission should still be under warranty. You can bring it in to the Mazda dealer you think you want to deal with and let them know you have the car first of all, so you'll start getting all the recalls on the car sent to you. Re-flashing your car is free if your car doesn't have the latest programming yet. It's on a TSB. Art works at Wolfe Langley so you can always go to him and he'll take good care of you. Morrey Mazda North Van is where I go cause I bought my car there. My car's in for a new clutch as I type this right now. We managed to work out a deal so I don't need to pay the full amount. So depending on where you live, or if you mind driving across town, then those are two service departments that have had good things posted about them. If you go to Morrey, just say you know me (Calvin). If you go to Wolfe, then ask for Raju and say you're from the Mazda6club forums and Art sent ya. Also, yeah, don't worry about the car, it should be fine. Most of the transmission problems come from the manual tranny (clutch). If it's an auto, then you don't need to worry cause it'll be under warranty for 5 yrs/100,000km if anything goes wrong with it.[/b]

icic ~~ thank you for all the information man ~~ i will think about which dealer i will wanna deal with ~~ anybody deal with metrotown mazda ? cuz it's just like few blocks away from my house ~~ if anybody had bad experience there then i won't go there

I have the same transmission as you? 5 spd v6?

Whenever I head down the mountain (downhill) I feel my car speeding up then it would slow down automatically with the RPM going up so it feels like the car is jerking back and forth. It would keep doing this and I don't even need to press any pedals which is kinda cool.[/b]

yes same tranny ~~

try the car today with manual mode ~~ it's okay now and shift smoothly ~~ guess it's the low fuel level cause that problem

somehow ~~ my car is making weird nose now ~~ when i step on the brake or beginning of accelerating the back is making noise i can't really describe ~~ and mix with liquid moving sound in the back too

sigh ~~

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do your brakes make noise when you go around a corner while breaking? kinda like a clicking noise but you will hear it mostly in the front.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've heard bad things about the service department at Metrotown Mazda from this forum. Some of the guys here have had problems with them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bring my car to Metrotown Mazda for service since I bought it there. (Sorry, Art) So far so good for me. Even though they are a bit slow and I had to bring up some TSBs for them to check & perform. Lincoln there is pretty good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do your brakes make noise when you go around a corner while breaking? kinda like a clicking noise but you will hear it mostly in the front.[/b]
hm ~~ i tried to do that my front brake is okay ~~ just when i hit the brake weird noise come from the back ~~ and when i come to a total stop u can hear the water slushing sound in the back too ~~ so don't know wuts wrong with that

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Water slushing could be your fuel in your fuel tank. It's not uncommon to hear that cause if your tank isn't full, the gas will slosh around. However, I suggest you take your car to any dealership or call a dealership and provide your VIN and ask if they can check on the computer to ensure ALL recalls have been taken care of. Also, see if they will tell you what TSBs have been performed on your car as well.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I had the same problem with water slushing around the back of my car.

What I did was first check my taillights, which had about half a gallon of water built up in each. I called up Burrard Acura and had those replaced under warranty. Then as I was pulling out after I had 'em fixed, I heard the noise again, so then I checked in the spare wheel well. Needless to say, there was about a gallon of water there too. They sucked it out and hand dried it right away for me. Their explanation for the water in the spare wheel well was that the gaskets in the taillights were broken, through which the water leaked through.

Anyway, those are just some places you might want to check :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.