Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used 2003 mazda 6 s sedan w/ 38000miles yesterday at a chrysler dealership and while i was driving earlier i can hear some weird noises. first when turning the steering wheel 100% left or right, as the car slowly moves i can hear some noise maybe coming from the front axles. 2nd when im going below 20mph and if i brake smoothly it makes noises i think coming from the brake system...

i think i still have some powertrain warranty left....... will they cover it?? i just called tonight but there already close... should i just contact the dealer i bought it from or just contact any mazda service dealer about it???

·
Registered
102 Posts
All I really know, is that you should be fine by just taking it to any mazda dealership. Otherwise, no idea if those two things are covered under powertrain...

·
Registered
118 Posts
i just bought a used 2003 mazda 6 s sedan w/ 38000miles yesterday at a chrysler dealership and while i was driving earlier i can hear some weird noises. first when turning the steering wheel 100% left or right, as the car slowly moves i can hear some noise maybe coming from the front axles. 2nd when im going below 20mph and if i brake smoothly it makes noises i think coming from the brake system...

i think i still have some powertrain warranty left....... will they cover it?? i just called tonight but there already close... should i just contact the dealer i bought it from or just contact any mazda service dealer about it???[/b]
Well first, how did you not notice those noises before you bought it? Second, did you have the car checked out by an independent mechanic that you trust before you bought it? Those would have been my first two steps. Now that you own it, you should go back to the dealership you bought it from and see if they will do anything for you. If its only been a few days, they may do the work for you at no cost. You should also go to your local Mazda dealer and see if your car is still under warranty. The car came with a 4 year/50K bumper to bumper & powertrain warranty so you're still ok on mileage. You may, however, be past the 4 year period so you need to have the dealer check for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i bought an '06 6s about a month ago and i heard an odd noise as well. at low RPM's in 1-3 gears, i heard a constant clicking in the engine. i brought it in under warranty and they said they couldn't hear it/nothing wrong. i have owned a lot of cars and i don't believe it to be normal. 2ndly...i was doing about 20mph in manual-mode 2nd, and the engine just cut off...battery stayed on, engine stalled...brought it in for that...couldn't duplicate problem. i like the car, but am really worried about it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i didnt notice the noise while i was test driving it.
i already brought it over at a mazda dealership and they were charging me $160 to diagnose the 2 problems.

they said that if they can tell its a car defect they will cover the diagnose and repair under warranty. but if not i would pay..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already went to mazda dealership to have them check the problem. they said that the cause of the brake noise is the aftermarket brake pads and the rotors has been cut wrong. they are charging me $900 to replace the front and rear brake pads/rotors. i called the chrysler dealership(where i bought the car from) and told them about the problem they said that bring it over there to let them inspect it. and then i called the service advisor from mazda to have him talk to the chrysler advisor and chrysler agreed to replace my front rotors for no charge. after they installed it i can still hear the humming noise when i step on the brakes smoothly(not all the time). i dont hear it when i step on it hard.

i think the one thats causing it is the aftermarket brake pads. maybe because its still new??? or the rotors??? maybe if i use it more longer it will go away?? what do you guys think??? what do you recommend??

mazda couldnt duplicate the other problem, the strange noise when your turning the wheels all the way... i will probably go back there again soon. THANKS SHANE!!! I THINK ITS THE ONE THAT SAYS CLUNK.PDF NOT SURE YET

·
Registered
626 Posts
i already went to mazda dealership to have them check the problem. they said that the cause of the brake noise is the aftermarket brake pads and the rotors has been cut wrong. they are charging me $900 to replace the front and rear brake pads/rotors. i called the chrysler dealership(where i bought the car from) and told them about the problem they said that bring it over there to let them inspect it. and then i called the service advisor from mazda to have him talk to the chrysler advisor and chrysler agreed to replace my front rotors for no charge. after they installed it i can still hear the humming noise when i step on the brakes smoothly(not all the time). i dont hear it when i step on it hard.
i think the one thats causing it is the aftermarket brake pads. maybe because its still new??? or the rotors??? maybe if i use it more longer it will go away?? what do you guys think??? what do you recommend??

mazda couldnt duplicate the other problem, the strange noise when your turning the wheels all the way... i will probably go back there again soon. THANKS SHANE!!! I THINK ITS THE ONE THAT SAYS CLUNK.PDF NOT SURE YET[/b]
take the car back!
get something else :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts