Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- has anyone noticed their driver's seat creaking when accelerating? I started hearing it a couple weeks ago. It pretty much only happens when I'm starting out from a stop, when I feel the seat flex backward just slightly with the acceleration.

In searching the forum, I found posts about all kinds of other creaks, but nothing in the driver's seat. Any ideas on the cause or how to get rid of it? I don't know if it's a safety concern since I can feel the seat flex a little at the same time. Would the warranty cover (seemingly) little things like this?

Thanks!

On a side note while I'm thinking about noises, I also occasionally hear a pop or crack when I first back out of my garage in the morning. It sounds like something in the wheels/brakes/axles was stuck together and then broke loose. I can only think of two potential causes. First, maybe two pieces got fused together with oxide overnight? I know a little rust can grow on the brakes overnight and make some noise the next morning as it wears off; maybe this is similar? My other idea is perhaps something occasionally freezes together--since my garage isn't heated and the temperature has dipped below freezing lately. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey all- has anyone noticed their driver's seat creaking when accelerating? I started hearing it a couple weeks ago. It pretty much only happens when I'm starting out from a stop, when I feel the seat flex backward just slightly with the acceleration.

In searching the forum, I found posts about all kinds of other creaks, but nothing in the driver's seat. Any ideas on the cause or how to get rid of it? I don't know if it's a safety concern since I can feel the seat flex a little at the same time. Would the warranty cover (seemingly) little things like this?

Thanks!

On a side note while I'm thinking about noises, I also occasionally hear a pop or crack when I first back out of my garage in the morning. It sounds like something in the wheels/brakes/axles was stuck together and then broke loose. I can only think of two potential causes. First, maybe two pieces got fused together with oxide overnight? I know a little rust can grow on the brakes overnight and make some noise the next morning as it wears off; maybe this is similar? My other idea is perhaps something occasionally freezes together--since my garage isn't heated and the temperature has dipped below freezing lately. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
[/b]

I just started hearing the seat creak! It's the first and only creak/rattle/etc. that I've ever heard in the car, but I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm waiting until I get a few more things before I bring it in for work because I just installed my CAI and I don't want to swap it back out yet. So yes, warranty should cover that.

The pop or crack I'll bet is your parking break.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
HAHAHA I got the seat creak, from a stand still only, about 2 weeks ago, better be covers with only 4600 miles on it!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I eliminated my seat creak by simply changing the height lever adjustment. Pump it or pull on it a few times and youll notice in the new setting that it wont creak. And if it starts again pump or pull one setting and it will be gone again for weeks.

The weird brake sound has appeared for me as well. My old SCT contour did it and the manual stated that it's not un-ordinary. Simply an abs procedure on startup/movement.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I will try this method. Although I should not have to adjust my seat to get rid of creaks. Is this only happening to sport owners?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

Thanks again!
[/b]
I expereince this on my MS6, as well. We also get that little noise on my wife's 6i and I had it on my 6s. I honestly couldn't tell you what it is, but wouldn't be too concerned about it. It never led to any problem on my 6s in 72k miles and hasn't led to any problem on my wife's 6i in 47k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts