Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have read a few of the post on here about people having a weird sound at startup on cold days, and how its dust on the starter. Im not sure if what im having is the same thing though. When ever I start my car, and it dosent have to be a cold day just whenever i have left it sitting for at least an hour or so. I get a sound that sounds simaliar to a blow off valve going off. Does anyone have an idea what this could be or have experienced it themselves. I have a an 05 Sport MTX

Thanks

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The starter dust sounds more like something jim carry would produce in dumb and dumber for the "most anoying sound in the world"... alteast thats what i think when i hear it every morning. Mine does it when the car has been sitting there for quite a long time, usually overnight. Even if ive been at work for 8 hours it does not do it when i start it. Blow off valve sounds like a release of pressure, kind of like the brakes on a bus, is that what you are hearing?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it sounds like air presure being released. plus like u said u can leave it for 8 hours and it wont do it, where as if i leave my car for even like an hour ill still get it. im gonna bring it to the dealer this week and see what they say. hopefully its not a big problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have been gettin noises to even so often when its cold out. i sounds like a screech.
[/b]
Starting last friday, I've been having the same issue. I was going to try and locate it this weekend, but then call the dealer.

Anyone else? :irate:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had that issue too. Dealer replaced my starter (60K miles, out of warranty; I had to pay for it myself). Problem went away for a while, but has recently (80K miles) resurfaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
SDSilver6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing