Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so it just started a few days ago and at first i didnt even think it was coming from my car but it has gotten more noticeable and it bugs the crap out of me. you can only hear it when the car is idling and it sounds like this weird bublying kind of whirring noise...its really weird. also, when i shut the car off it keeps making the noise for like a second or two after the car is turned off...i have NO idea what it could be. i thought it might have been my intake but i'm sure it isn't b/c it sounds like it's coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. any suggestions??????????

·
Registered
121 Posts
My guess would be that it is your radiator fans running. My wife's 6 just had the same problem. There is some fan sensor that goes bad and causes the fans to run really fast, and for a short while after the car is off. Call your dealership and tell them about it. There is a TSB out for it and they will fix it for you for free.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
My guess would be that it is your radiator fans running. My wife's 6 just had the same problem. There is some fan sensor that goes bad and causes the fans to run really fast, and for a short while after the car is off. Call your dealership and tell them about it. There is a TSB out for it and they will fix it for you for free.
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
635 Posts
stupid mazda canada ... they never issue any TSB's on anything !! and the US ones dont apply here ... even though they are made at the same friggin factory and have same problems !!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so to bring back an old thread...i never went to the dealership b/c after i took off the intake the noise went away and i've been good ever sinve so it has to be the intake. so i'm really bored today and decide to put the intake baack on. i double checked everything and start the car and it's all good then all of a sudden the noise starts up again. same noise. almost like a bird or something but its sorta bubbly sounding its weitd. any thoughts??? i want to keep the intake on but i kave NO idea where the hell this noise is coming from and its really embarassing when you shut the car off b/c it keeps going for a second or 2.

EDIT: I have the CP-E Mafci intake system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
hhhhhhhhh
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing