Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 6s, with ATX and 8400 miles on it. For the second time, tonight, I have heard the engine begin to make a ticking noise. I'm sure you guys are familiar with the sound, its common on older cars, and it sounds like when you drag an empty can on the ground! tonight the sound was occuring a few seconds before the switch from 2nd - 3rd gears, 3rd - 4th gears and 4th -5th gears. I don't push my car and don't rev the engine, so most of my gear changing for 3rd, 4th and 5th occurs at a little over 2000rpm. the sound starts at just under 2000rpm and dissapears once the gear is switched to the next higher one. I'm curious as to what may be causing it and if I should take it to the dealer. nevertheless, I want to at least have a clue as to what it maly be. I tried doing a search, but nothing really helpful came up. if any of you can help me out, have any input or can direct me to a right place, I will greatly appreciate it. As I'm pretty nervous, since its a fairly new car, had it for only 8 months and don't push it at all. Thanks in advance for any input, Bryan.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Originally posted by Jax6S@Oct 29 2005, 07:31 AM
this?
[snapback]545631[/snapback]​
I had this TSB done, you can't hear this ticking noise while driving, only while idling.

It sounds like you are low on oil, I would check your levels IMMEDIATELY!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
lapis_blue_beast
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing