Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a stupid question but......When u dyno the speed, do you need an AWD dyno, or can u just do it with the front wheels since there should be no AWD engagment???

·
Registered
114 Posts
But doesn't it take wheelspin in order for the rear diff to engage, and wheelspin on a dyno takes some crazy hp?
[/b]
Yep ..but with the rear wheels sitting still and the fronts moving the computer will see that as wheel spin ..

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
take off the rear drive shaft

thats how most people do it if they dont have an awd dyno
[/b]
Hrm, another bad idea from Freakta. If you do that on the speed6, it will be VERY ANGRY. The AWD is a lot more computer controlled than in other AWD or 4wd cars. You can cause some serious problems to the drivetrain and engine

·
Registered
856 Posts
Someone has said that if you pull the e-brake the computer keeps the rear differential from engaging.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
guys lets not be dumb here...it's an AWD car use an AWD dyno...why take the risk that your'e ebrake will keep the solenoid from engaging or that removing the drive shaft from your car...would you drive your car normaly without a drive shaft?....of course not so why would you want to dyno a non normal operating condition?
:nono:

·
Registered
998 Posts
guys lets not be dumb here...it's an AWD car use an AWD dyno...why take the risk that your'e ebrake will keep the solenoid from engaging or that removing the drive shaft from your car...would you drive your car normaly without a drive shaft?....of course not so why would you want to dyno a non normal operating condition?
:nono:
[/b]
L.A.Z.Y. americans.

·
Registered
343 Posts
L.A.Z.Y. americans.
[/b]

I think Not!! These Braniacs :nana: all want to do things the hard way- Take off the Drive, Pull the Ebrake and watch thier cars plow over the 2wd Dyno Equipment/People....Or wait- the Easy way...Drive to an AWD dyno shop... DUH!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
why would you pay for an inaccurate session. that is like paying a dentist to check your eyes. sure he is a doctor, but what the hell.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The pulling of the ebrake feature was added to allow people to drift the car. Not to be used to dyno the car. I know Alan was just pointing it out. It's a pretty cool feature that not very many people know about.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Haha, silly watdog. You NEED to have the rear tires spinning to drift. You cannot drift a FWD car
[/b]
Sure you can.

Go do 60mph in a striaght line, then yank the wheel to the left and pull the e-brake. Watch your rear tires lock up and spin the ass end around.

How do you think people get FWD cars to do doughnuts in the snow?

Granted its not the "proper" way to drift, but it still achieves the same outcome.

Jason

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sure you can.

Go do 60mph in a striaght line, then yank the wheel to the left and pull the e-brake. Watch your rear tires lock up and spin the ass end around.

How do you think people get FWD cars to do doughnuts in the snow?
Granted its not the "proper" way to drift, but it still achieves the same outcome.

Jason
[/b]
Haha, my 93 626ES was great at that! The only car I ever did that in (that I owned, rentals are another story :))

It is so much more fun to nail the gas out of a turn in the MS6 with DSC off!
Anyone else getting close to needing new tires? I've got 9,400 miles on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
allenman85
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing