1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sweet! Definitely gonna get those and the back row too. Hope they make a fitted cargo/trunk mat as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bought me a set as well....couldn't wait for the 2nd row to become available.....
On a side note, I laid my old OEM trunk mat with valcro divider from my VW CC and it's almost a perfect fit! Funny how the trunk size is about the same even though CC looked bigger to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
these looks pretty awesome...but has anyone actually had some installed in their car for any length of time?

i was about to order these but some video on youtube have them looking like complete crap once they get a little use. Not sure if this person didnt install them well..but the side walls arent straight and have large gaps around some of the edges. ALso the black plastic has become extremely dirty (expected..but still pretty ugly compared to carpet)

anyone have these digitalfit in their last car?
might wait to see how you guys like the fit and whatnot before I order some

·
Super Moderator
18,359 Posts
these looks pretty awesome...but has anyone actually had some installed in their car for any length of time?

i was about to order these but some video on youtube have them looking like complete crap once they get a little use. Not sure if this person didnt install them well..but the side walls arent straight and have large gaps around some of the edges. ALso the black plastic has become extremely dirty (expected..but still pretty ugly compared to carpet)

I've heard nothing but great things about these. I'm willing to bet the people in those videos aren't legitimate or didn't get the right ones.

Maybe after a couple years of use they aren't great - or if you wear cleats every time you drive your car, but other than that I've heard nothing but good things. :)

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts

My boss has had them in his pick up truck for the past couple years. They have held up great and still look amazing. Yes then need to be cleaned regularly to keep a nice black color but they are fantastic quality. I wouldnt give buying these a second thought if they were available for the 1st gen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had them in my previous car, 2010 VW CC, for the last 3 years. They looked new once cleaned, however, the edges did softened up a bit allowing a small gap where the liner turns up vertically. Gap is very minor, it's not an issue at all since it still keeps out all the dirt out of the carpet. I will post some photos later this afternoon since I'm planning on selling them on Craigslist.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've heard of these but never bought a set yet. Do these take place of all whether floor mats then? Is this something you swap out in the summer for the OEM mats? I would be interested in getting these, I would like the rear sets with the front as well. Will they likely make something for the trunk as well?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, here are my 3yr old set of DigitalFit Floor Liner for the VW CC.

As you can see, the front ones turns up to cover vertical surfaces more and thus was much more prone to deformation. However,almost all dirt, mud, and water are still get collected by the mats and thus offers superior protection for the carpet. And the DigitalFit have such high sidewalls that it can hold a vast amount of liquid so that it's also protect against spills wheres cheaper All Weather Mats don't have side walls thus can't hold a 32oz drink when spilled.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone heard of these? only half of the weather tech price

WT seems expensive considering you can get the full set from Mazda for $120 (which weather tech makes for them I am sure)

Never heard of Lloyd, but by just looking at it, they are simply flat all-weather mats. They don't have high side walls like WT, thus it will only hold as much liquid as the texture groove allows.
Husky Liner seems like another good brand that's designed like WeatherTech. They don't have mats for the 3rd gen yet, but they do seem to be a bit cheaper though.

I've heard of these but never bought a set yet. Do these take place of all whether floor mats then? Is this something you swap out in the summer for the OEM mats? I would be interested in getting these, I would like the rear sets with the front as well. Will they likely make something for the trunk as well?
The FloorLiners replaces the OEM mats and are made to the contour of your floor bed. And they do make 2nd rows and trunk liners as well, just not for the 3rd gen yet. Depending on the car, the 2nd row will either be two buckets or one long strip.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Awesome thanks. I might consider picking these up once I can buy a full set. I live in the Northwest so these will be awesome in the winter. Strange they stay in all year round. Almost seems like you would swap them for the OEM ones in the summer and just use them in the winter.

These won't put wear marks in the carpet overtime will they? They seem like a decently soft material.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These won't put wear marks in the carpet overtime will they? They seem like a decently soft material.
My estimated delivery date is tomorrow!! Can't wait!
Since there are grooves on the back side of the mats, the do mold carpet into the same shape as the mats. I don't know if that's what you call wear marks or not, but I believe it should be smoothed out over time if you just place flat back mats in the car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts