Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I *was* going to post pictures of new wheels, but noticed that the stripping on the back, driver's side door was coming off. A tiny strand from the bottom all the way to the top, where it's still attached. This should be taken care of by warranty, yeah?

Man, so many tiny little annoying problems with my MS6.

Pictures of the wheels once I find a nice, open space to park it.

And I don't want to hear anything about bad parking job or wheel gap! =)

Didn't get driver's side because sun was messing up the shots.

P.S. Same as Rawyzf's wheels. ALT 267, carbon black, 18x7.5, 42 offset, not sure exactly, but probably couple lbs lighter than stock rims each. Haven't really noticed much difference. Not sure if I like black on black, but oh well.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Those are nice wheels... I love ALT. ;)
Sorry to hear about the weather stripping but it should be under warranty. Nice looking Speed. And...since I do read posts in the entirety, I won't say anything about......

:D

·
Registered
744 Posts
anything about what??? wheel gap. hehehe I got the weheel gap too hawk. nice wheels. U should paint you calipers now.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anything about what??? wheel gap. hehehe I got the weheel gap too hawk. nice wheels. U should paint you calipers now.
[/b]
Heh, yeah, I think almost everyone has it since well, there aren't too many options for springs right now.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Nice wheels! Have I seen a set like that before? :D

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I do not like that wheel car combination....

I always thought black on black was tacky unless it had a chrome lip....
Sucks that Speed6's have these small flaws

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I made an appointment for the weather stripping, but are they just going to tell me I am anal and slice it off and send me on my way?

It's probably not worth it to go...I mean, the stripping is what, about half an inch wide. The tiny little strand coming off is like 1 mm. What do you guys think? I am just nit-picky about my baby and wasting my time if I went to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
with a 42 offset, will you need to roll the fender, or will the wh$%l [email protected] keep you clear?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with a 42 offset, will you need to roll the fender, or will the wh$%l [email protected] keep you clear?
[/b]
why's that? I thought that means the wheels stick out 8 mm more?

Anyway, I hope I don't have to roll the fenders...seems to be fine so far, haven't really done much driving with weight, etc. yet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Last winter, my dealer sold me 43mm offset steel wheels and the were rubbing a lot. They found some that fit and replaced the 2 damaged tires.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last winter, my dealer sold me 43mm offset steel wheels and the were rubbing a lot. They found some that fit and replaced the 2 damaged tires.
[/b]
Oh man...when did they rub? With nothing in the back at all? And they were just 18s with a 43 offset? How wide? What kind of wheels do you have now (that fit)?

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it is my understanding that the higher the offset, the less the wheel will stick out from the hub...so, a stock 55+ offset msp6 wheel will sit about flush with the fender and a 45+ offset wheel would stick out from under the body 10mm. (crude i know, but isnt this the idea?)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oh man...when did they rub? With nothing in the back at all? And they were just 18s with a 43 offset? How wide? What kind of wheels do you have now (that fit)?

Sorry for all the questions.
[/b]

They were rubbing when accelerating hard, hitting bumps or with people in the back(only the back rubs). I dont know what width they were, but I'm sure they warent larger then 7.5, and it was a 17in wheel(witch is irrelevant). Now I have a 48mm offset, 6-6.5in width, wheel for winter and it's fine.

But seing your pictures, I dont think they will rub.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it is my understanding that the higher the offset, the less the wheel will stick out from the hub...so, a stock 55+ offset msp6 wheel will sit about flush with the fender and a 45+ offset wheel would stick out from under the body 10mm. (crude i know, but isnt this the idea?)
[/b]
I thought offset was how much from the center your moutning point was. So just to make it clean, let's say your wheel was 4" wide and offset was 2", that means you mount it at the very outer edge of the wheel (meaning all 4" will be past the brakes/lug nuts/whatever).

If the offset was 1", then you have 3" past the mounting point and 1" sticking out.

Don't know if that made any sense, but my impression was from looking at these illustrated diagrams. =)

http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I thought offset was how much from the center your moutning point was. So just to make it clean, let's say your wheel was 4" wide and offset was 2", that means you mount it at the very outer edge of the wheel (meaning all 4" will be past the brakes/lug nuts/whatever).

If the offset was 1", then you have 3" past the mounting point and 1" sticking out.

Don't know if that made any sense, but my impression was from looking at these illustrated diagrams. =)

http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp [/b]

we're both saying the same thing. i just said it in metric, lol.

so, if positive offset is reduced, the new wheel will protrude from the hub by the distance equal to (original offset minus new offset)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we're both saying the same thing. i just said it in metric, lol.

so, if positive offset is reduced, the new wheel will protrude from the hub by the distance equal to (original offset minus new offset)
[/b]

Hahaha, ok...yeah, my wheels are definitely a little farther out now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts