Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, is the weather stripping on the rear passenger window covered under Mazda warranty? Just noticed that there's a thin strip of weather stripping, what looks to be a black fish line sticky material, out of place. I think I can just tuck it back in but before I do so, I rather take it to Mazda if it is indeed covered.

Sucks how it's falling apart by itself with only 4000 miles...:eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The weather stripping on both rear doors of our '14 keeps coming loose as well. Every time it rains once it dries up the weather strip will be stuck to the frame of the car and pull out of the clip that holds it to the door when you open it.

It's right in the upper back corner of the door, sort of triangle shaped. Is this the same spot on yours?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The weather stripping on both rear doors of our '14 keeps coming loose as well. Every time it rains once it dries up the weather strip will be stuck to the frame of the car and pull out of the clip that holds it to the door when you open it.

It's right in the upper back corner of the door, sort of triangle shaped. Is this the same spot on yours?
That's the exact spot.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I checked on this yesterday after reading your posts and noticed that on all doors the weather strip can be taken right off with ease. Not sure if Mazda intended for it to be this way or designed it like this but usually there are way more places where it clips into on my other vehicles. My clip was still in place when I opened the rear doors but I tugged on the weatherstrip and it came off really easily, again not sure if it was designed this way.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I checked on this yesterday after reading your posts and noticed that on all doors the weather strip can be taken right off with ease. Not sure if Mazda intended for it to be this way or designed it like this but usually there are way more places where it clips into on my other vehicles. My clip was still in place when I opened the rear doors but I tugged on the weatherstrip and it came off really easily, again not sure if it was designed this way.
Exact same thing. Very loose. I don't know what the benefit is to have it so loose. Cheap is what comes to mind.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The weather stripping is different from any other car I have seen, easy to pull and push back. Might explain the Wind Noise many people experience. I have wind noise ( > 60 mph) on the driver side but not on the passenger side. Will have the dealer look at it when I bring it in on my first service visit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, this weather strip is definitely different, very pliable. When i clean the jambs it does feel like it will just come off.

I think they just need a clip with more surface area on the head. I might just try to grab some myself instead of dealing with the hassle that would be a service appointment or two.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would putting some 3M adhesive glue help to solve the problem?

Check with Mazda and see if they have a TSB for this. If not, the dealer will just poke around with it and do the same thing anyone else can do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The service tech told me to wipe down the trim with Armor All or similar product and it won't stick to the paint when it gets hot outside.

Mazda will have to do something to solve this issue as it appears rampant.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
short term fix long term MAJOR problem. Armor all will dry out the seals over time.. better off to just rub vasoline all over it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took ours by the dealership Thursday since I was in the area. The service guy there said he would look into it and get back with us this week. He did say he is positive there is no fix or mention of this from Mazda yet, and that they would replace both entire gaskets when they had a fix. But that the fix would likely be something they come up with themselves. Not sure how I feel about that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm right there with ya bakedcookies, but my dealer is getting a Mazda area rep involved in it too to move it up the ladder more. A friend of mine recommended deodorant on the weatherstripping to keep it from sticking, keeps it from building up moisture. Haven't tried it yet, but can't hurt LOL. re-apply daily I guess? haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts