Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
i think we are on 2 different scenarios...I did not make the "gain hp" comment until he said he would look at intake headers and exhaust combo. thats the only thing i meant by that...sorry for the confusion. exhaust alone will not net any gain in hp :p there i said it!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
OT but I find it hard to believe a 4cyl make that much with just bolt ons unless it was a KA20. Do you have a dyno chart?[/b]
Might be possible that my sis' bf has it, but idk. This was back in 2004, so it's a crapshoot, really.

All I remember of that car was the Greddy exhaust, lightweight wheels and the 6spd manual tranny (SE-R Spec V).

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
i think we are on 2 different scenarios...I did not make the "gain hp" comment until he said he would look at intake headers and exhaust combo. thats the only thing i meant by that...sorry for the confusion. exhaust alone will not net any gain in hp :p there i said it!![/b]
:cheers:

·
Registered
734 Posts
it was a qr25de that made 224 it is possible but unlikely

·
Registered
53 Posts
this header doesnt seem like a bad deal.

- stainless steel
- cnc mandrel bent
- and the flanges are welded inside and out

4-2-1 for 230 bucks, ill buy em after xmas and let u know how they are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Do you have any sound/vid clips of your current exhaust system, or from when you had straight pipes?[/b]
no i dont at the time sorry but i didnt have the starights i saw it n a vid on youtube. i am gonna buy this header here this month or in january n ill hopefull get some pics up n maybe a sound clip.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
this header doesnt seem like a bad deal.

- stainless steel
- cnc mandrel bent
- and the flanges are welded inside and out

4-2-1 for 230 bucks, ill buy em after xmas and let u know how they are.[/b]
you might get a deal...but 98.9874102354179 % of the time you get what you pay for. GL man.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts