Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading that that the week link in the mazda 6s (v6) is the rod/main bearings and of cource the ecu. My question is, is there a suplier to buy better bearings from. and have we gotten anywhere with ecu. What are the options that we have as of right now for the ecu and tuning.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I keep reading that that the week link in the mazda 6s (v6) is the rod/main bearings and of cource the ecu. My question is, is there a suplier to buy better bearings from. and have we gotten anywhere with ecu. What are the options that we have as of right now for the ecu and tuning.
[/b]

did you happen to even try to search??

1. Rod bearings - Clevite

2. The only tuning options are Unichip and CPE

·
Registered
537 Posts
Clevite 77 Tri-Metal main bearing and rod bearings
Part Number: CB-1772P Rod bearing

Rumors of other ECUs, but nothing definate (SCT, Sniper Tuning, and a mention of Vishnu Tuning using the XEDE - probably be waiting on one of these to be produced much later down the road...delays!).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well from what i ready it would be totaly silliness to go with the safc higher price,not as much adjustment, pita install. I think it would be much more logicle to do the cp-e. I think about going with the unichip when i get the car though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
not quite accurate info, there is the apexi safc and possibly greddy emanage according to this thread

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=55136
[/b]

LMAO...I thought about repeating my comment on this thread, but decided not to bother, but since you mentioned it.....

The SAFC II has been shown to add 12whp to one Tech member's car and the Ultimate does work on the 3 and the Austrailian Atenzas so it's not a stretch to guess it'd also work on our's as well. Regarding the SAFC, add 7-8whp gain from a pipe like the Injen and you'd have the same overall gain as the MAFci. A less expensive CAI plus the SAFC II plus a professional tune would probably be no more expensive than the MAFci. The only definite advantage to the CP-E kit is that it's plugnplay and the latter proposition would require more legwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
RottenWillow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing