Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

it’s winter now and my 04 Gs has a weak hvac fan. When I turn it on to the max setting I can can hear the blower miter get louder but there’s not a lot of air flow coming out of the vents.

I put the car into accessory mode and switched the vent settings and confirmed that they were moving so that’s not an issue. What could it be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it feel like its coming out anywhere else at the same time? Like the diverter flap isnt closing all the way?
I’ll definitely have to check that tomorrow. There’s also a clicking noise coming from the glovebox area when I turn the heat on.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it feel like its coming out anywhere else at the same time? Like the diverter flap isnt closing all the way?
Like click....click...click... or clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick?
The Heat is only coming out of one vent at a time so that’s working. The clicking noise only happens on the 1st setting, and sound like click...click ... click.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet something is hitting your fan. FCM? Fan control module? I dont think that has anything to do with the flapper door?
Good to know.

I took out the cabin air filter and it was FILTHY and deformed. I’m running the car without a cabin air filter right now (I ordered kne from amazon) and the air flow has been more powerful but the clicking noise still remains. The heat isn’t as hot as it should be.

·
Rally Racer
2,187 Posts
Good to know.

I took out the cabin air filter and it was FILTHY and deformed. I’m running the car without a cabin air filter right now (I ordered kne from amazon) and the air flow has been more powerful but the clicking noise still remains. The heat isn’t as hot as it should be.
That was going to be my first comment. This was the case with my 2004 when I bought it. For months after I would hear a clicking when the fan was on as the result of a leaf being stuck and hitting the fan blades. It eventually blew out and hit me in the face as I was driving.
The clicking is only when you turn heat on? Does the fan affect it at all? Are you equipped with a manual or automatic climate control (forgive me as we did not have the Gs trim in the US)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was going to be my first comment. This was the case with my 2004 when I bought it. For months after I would hear a clicking when the fan was on as the result of a leaf being stuck and hitting the fan blades. It eventually blew out and hit me in the face as I was driving.
The clicking is only when you turn heat on? Does the fan affect it at all? Are you equipped with a manual or automatic climate control (forgive me as we did not have the Gs trim in the US)?
It sounds more like a mechanical failure rather than something being stuck it the fan but I’m not sure hit to confirm. The noise is most prevalent with the lowest fan setting. I have manual climate control.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts